google wallet on custom ROMs?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Is it even possible? Or is it something that has to do with the carriers network (through the sim card) restrictions? I'm running sky ICS but wasn't able to activate google wallet.
Thanks

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Our phone doesn't have the secure NFC element to do secure transactions. As far as I know, I don't think we will be able to use Google Wallet on the Skyrocket :(

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dalvik

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
oh so there should be something besides the NFC battery then right? something that would enable carrier's authorization, well that really sucks.... but thanks for your reply Ronnie

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Our phone doesn't have the secure NFC element to do secure transactions. As far as I know, I don't think we will be able to use Google Wallet on the Skyrocket :(

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Are you sure about this? Where did you see this info? We have the nfc chip.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
exactly, we do have the NFC chip but I still can't get the GW work on my custom debloated rom. so i think it has something to do with the SIM card and the carrier's authorization....

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, we have NFC in our battery. Just look at it. It says NFC on it. I can use Android beam on ICS.
The carrier has to authorize Google Wallet for our device though. It's a bummer.