Can you guys help me out, and I need to find the best rom or root for the skyrocket. Any opinions would be fantastic. Thank you.
    08-05-2012 06:52 AM
    Man, you need to give a whole lot more information before anyone can give you a good answer. Also, when you do get replies, remember that "best" is very subjective. How about letting us know if you want ICS or JB Rom, do you want to stay stock and just root, etc, etc. There are a lot of great people on here that will help you, but reading and searching the forums is your best tool to learn.
    08-06-2012 05:02 PM
    I actually don't know what I'm looking for I'm new to this, I tried the cyanogenmod for jelly bean and I liked that but I can't deal with no camera. I'm looking for something along that line but fully working or close to it. I've been looking at a ton of forums for the best opinions but pretty much figured there are no stable roms for the skyrocket yet so I just went back to ics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    08-07-2012 07:21 PM
    I've had pretty good luck with CM9 RC2. Only problems I've found are when I send a long text it breaks into many parts and I can't get visual voicemail to work.

Otherwise the ROM is great, very stable, very smooth and efficient. I might try Sky ICS next just to see what its like.

08-07-2012 11:53 PM
    I agree with beacio _mo I'm running CM9 RC 2 and it's very stable I get a lot of options with my nexus i can say it might be my favorite rom

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    08-08-2012 12:09 AM
    Ok so what all do I have to download to my device to make this work. Like what different zips are you all using?
    08-08-2012 04:55 AM
    OK so I actually got cm9 rc2 working this morning I just had to download the right clockwork mod... its working great, best mod ever. I want more stuff though is there anything else that can be done with flashing and roms for the skyrocket?

08-08-2012 05:46 PM
    TXC, here is a link to the ROM's I use for JB. There are currently about 99 pages, but when you get through all this, you will have a very good understanding of the fun that is available to anyone who wants to customize their phone. I am running the latest version referenced in the forum and am really liking it. You will learn how to make your camera work and will get links to more forums. Have fun and love your Rocket. [wip/rom] project rookie - jb 4.1.1 - xda-developers)
    08-08-2012 06:45 PM
    I think I'll actually try cm10 again this weekend. I don't know, I now have the stable version running and it works for me. But I don't know what the difference would be using cm10 instead of cm9?

08-09-2012 07:02 AM
    I think I'll actually try cm10 again this weekend. I don't know, I now have the stable version running and it works for me. But I don't know what the difference would be using cm10 instead of cm9?

CM9 is based on ICS while CM10 is based on JB.

Chris
    08-14-2012 05:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD