Majik-wizz

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen any threads about a relatively new rom mindmajik called majik-wizz over at xda. Anyway, I started using it yesterday and right out of the box I got almost 15 hours battery time, which for me is pretty damn good. I encourage anyone looking for a cm based rom with some tweeks to take a look. Just a heads up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

bap2510

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I have tried to flash this rom a couple of times now and it keeps getting stuck in the boot animation. I'm rooted and currently running the att leak (UCLF5). Do I have to flash CM9 first? Do I do a wipe data/factory reset along with wipe cache/dalvik partition? If I do a wipe/factory reset will I lose my root? I've tried flashing using both ROM Manager and GOO Manager. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure you needed to do that being that it's based on cyanogenmod. On the first page of the rom there's a troubleshooting guide that may help. I just looked at it and there's help specifically for your situation that I'm sure will help so try reading that first. I wasn't running cm before I flashed it. I was using sky ics and was having a bunch of fc's so I actually returned to my stock rom, but sky ics was nice when not fc'ing so I don't want to take anything away from that seanz. It just was not running smoothly for me. This rom is really smooth, and I haven't had any problems at all. So basically, my method was probably not ideal for most people(going back to stock). If you can get back to your current rom try checking out the instructions for install from that perspective (not wiping data/fac reset) and just installing the zip. Breeze through the pages, as there's only about 30 so it's not like there's thousands of posts yet.

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Actually, maybe I misunderstood your post. You're rooted running the uclf5 ics leak and not already running cyanogenmod.? If you're stock ics rooted which recovery version are you using?

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
You should check to see where your android_secure folder is. If it's in your ext_sd card make sure that you have the right cwm recovery installed. Sk8 has 2 versions for the skyrocket depending on the location of that file.
You didn't answer my question though, are you stock rooted or are you running cm already?

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, all I did was wipe data/fac reset; format system(mounts and storage--->format system); install zip from sd, install gapps; and lastly mounts and storage--->format cache. In that order and nothing else. That was to install rc1, and I updated to rc2 using the goo.im app. Let me know if I can help you out any more. But 1. Make sure you have the right recovery 2. Make sure you have a backup 3. Let her rip

Reactions: bap2510

bap2510

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I got it working finally. Thanks for all your help. On a separate note is there an easier way to re-install all my apps other than manually. I tried Ti Backup, didn't load all my apps. Thanks again.

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
That's all I can think of. If you have in your settings for Google to backup your apps that will help a little for apps like currents. But game progress would be tibu. At least you're up and running though right? What worked for you in the end

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been deciding if I want to try this rom or go back to CM10. I am on Embryo 5.1 and its been great so far, like a stock ICS rom but much smoother. Except I get bored real fast lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been deciding if I want to try this rom or go back to CM10. I am on Embryo 5.1 and its been great so far, like a stock ICS rom but much smoother. Except I get bored real fast lol

Hey man, give it a run. I don't have too much to compare it to except sky ics, which was nice, just not for me. By the way, thanks again for all the help last week.

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey man, give it a run. I don't have too much to compare it to except sky ics, which was nice, just not for me. By the way, thanks again for all the help last week.

No problem! Everything working fine now?

Reactions: adammcgovern

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, thank god too because all that bloat and other junk just suuuucks!!! This is a much smoother ride now. Not that my sr wasn't before but it's night and day now

bap2510

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been using this for about two day now with not so good battery life. I'm losing about 7-8% an hour even in stand-by. Not sure what could be causing this. Wakelocks maybe? If so how can I determine if that's the case? I will give it a another day or two to settle in and hopefully that will do it. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Which release are you running? Stick with r2, there's an issue being ironed out with r3 so battery draw is uncommonly high. I'm actually running liquid right now, but really like wizz so once that's worked out I'll probably go back. If you're on v3 I'm 99 percent sure that you can just flash r2 right over 3 with no issues. Just like an update but in reverse :screwy: I was getting consistent 16 to 18 on r2 but everyone will have varying results. It's not a wakelock issue, that's been established. I'm not sure what it is though. People much smarter than me are doing great battery work with that rom so definitely flash back and give it a couple days. Let me know how it works out for you

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Also bud, take a look at the v6 supercharger script. It definitely helps to manage ram, battery and erformance in general. Have you tweaked any of the performance options in settings? If I remember correctly you can uv from right in there, which would help too.

bap2510

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm still on R2 and using V6 set on hard to kill setting. I have set the background process's at four at the most. We'll see how it holds up today. Thanks for the response.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance