Rocket Roms

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Alright, it took me a long time to root my phone. Mainly because I'm a stickler for details, getting things right the first time around, taking care of business on my end, and if that fails falling back on the AC Community. I've done all of these, especially the last one. I impart my knowledge when I can and I ask for help when I need to.
Rooting your expensive a*s phone is a risk. We all know that. I'm not a tech saavy guy. At all. There are some things I can disassemble/reassemble in the dark, but my phone is not one of them. I'd say 99pct of what I can do now with my phone is possible because of the threads I've read here on AC and places I've been directed to read elsewhere. So thanks everyone for all your help. That said, I'm jumping ship and getting the new iPhone. Naaah, just kidding. But the reason for my post is because as I see development for the skyrocket really popping and devs/contributors are putting out some really neat stuff but posts here are definitely lacking. Not a knock, just an opinion. That being said if you are a skyrocket owner interested in rooting your phone, but there are certain roadblocks holding you back, ie knowhow, feel free to pm me or just ask in the relevant section. Let's liven this up a little bit. We're a community here to help, we all have the same goals in mind. I have always felt better about myself if I've done right by someone as opposed to intentionally misguiding/hurting someone. **that old lady that stole my parking spot was completely different. She knew what she did and got what she deserved. So leave that out of it**

Come on y'all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Nice post, I've noticed the same too that it has slowly become a ghost town. I have been working on some reviews of the various Roms I've tried and need to post them up. Are you still on Majick? I'm thinking I'm going to try Xperiance, AOKP JB build, and possibly MIUI in the next week.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually using Xperiance by Mindmajick right now. It's pretty unique, and you'll love the album it uses. Also the font is pretty slick, imo. I'm not big into social networking so there's a couple apps I froze, eg FB. Let me know what you think

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Nice post, I've noticed the same too that it has slowly become a ghost town. I have been working on some reviews of the various Roms I've tried and need to post them up. Are you still on Majick? I'm thinking I'm going to try Xperiance, AOKP JB build, and possibly MIUI in the next week.

Hey Beacio, Mindmajick has decided to abandon majik-wizz to free up time for other endeavors. It's really stable and he's leaving the links up for a while. He'll be devoting most of his time to his other rom from what I understand. I'm currently using that so I'm alright with it. Just figured I'd give you a heads up, and anyone else who's interested. If I can free up some time later I'm going to pm you so keep an eye on it.

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Gov for the heads up!

Actually, I just downloaded everything for Wizz and saw Majicks new project, Orthus One based on AOKP 10. I'm flashing it tonight and trying it out tomorrow!

I really like Google Now so I'm excited to see how it compares to CM10 Alpha (I tried flashing the GNow zip on CM9 but it never updated me on my commute like my N7 does)

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
How are you guys flashing the CM10 nightlies? With the exception of Rain's AOKP build, every JB rom I have tried to flash has aborted in CWM Touch. Do I perhaps need to use TWRP or a later version of CWM (6 and on)?

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
You need to flash the newest CWM 6 or with TWRP. You shouldn't have any issues after that.

Oh and I tried Orthus but ran into issues with bluetooth and apps freezing. Tried fix permissions but still was an issue so went back to my CM9 stable backup. I think I'll try Xperiance next :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
What he said. The way that it performs backups is different. It has something to do with blobs and a dup format. It stands for deduplicate, however there is an option to create a tar format as well. Also, the ability to create custom zips is included so you can basically set up your own modified zip to flash. If I remember correctly your /data will not be included in the file though and it makes sense as there would be pirating issues with paid apps.
I'm running Orthos right now, it's jb/aokp based. I haven't really had many problems aside from the bluetooth issue that Beacio_mo stated. That is not a problem with the customer rom though. I think it's common among all jb bases. Give it a try. Good luck

Sent from my Skyrocket running away from Orthrus

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Alright, just a little update. I flashed Xperience earlier today and really like it. I setup the V6 Supercharger and noticed it is a little quicker opening apps, moving screens, and starting up. Very smooth, no problems yet, and I can get some battery results over the next few days to post so stay tuned.

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1347870193802.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1347870206154.jpg

So, I was a little disappointed in battery life. Usually I'm accustomed to 3-3.5 hours screen on time. My usage is different then most though. I use my phone for work, entering in sales orders, 50-100 texts throughout the day, 1-2 hours of phone calls, 4 email accounts to sync, music streaming in my car, text dictator with the Assistant app, NFC tags to change my settings, tons of tech sites from Google Reader and I don't like turning my screen brightness down. I know this probably isn't typical for most people, but this is an average day for me.

I am going to give the ROM a few days to try and if not any better, I'm going to go back to CM9.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Lol that is cm9 just slightly modded and it seems you may have underlying issues as I ran xperiance with 7 hours screen on

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Lol that is cm9 just slightly modded and it seems you may have underlying issues as I ran xperiance with 7 hours screen on

That is impressive! The most I have ever got was 4.5 hours of screen on time.

Yeah, I know that Xperiance is just CM9 so that's why I thought it was weird that battery life was worse for me since I've been sticking with CM9 Stable the last few weeks and haven't had that concern.

I may have some underlying things running in the background, as soon as I have any spare time I'll probably wipe everything and download my apps from the Play Store and skip titanium backup. I know its picked up a few apps that I don't want in the last few months :rolleyes:

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I use system tuner pro for backup, restore, CPU clocking, voltage tables, build prop editing, logcats, everything without a hitch but yeah with xperiance I had insane battery life I jumped to paranoidandroid to see what's up with it now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to look into that System Tuner Pro app. I've actually been using Battery Doctor and uninstalling apps that were from previous ROMs. So far battery life is getting better so I'll keep an eye on it the next few days

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm the biggest troll of xda's skyrocket section and I know majick personally I'm so tired of the chaos of all of these forums though I wish one existed that was totally organized and controlled and had enough members to run

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
New update, I got Xperiance running well; don't know which app it was but after removing a bunch and wiping fresh, battery life is now about 3 hours minimum for screen on time. Ended up switching to Majick Whiz though, I guess I prefer the TW launcher, but overall it is almost perfect!

Can't wait for CM10 to be stable and for Orthus to be updated because that would be my dream rom! For now...

Anybody else try any other ROMs?

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I can tell you me and majick are in talks of moving xperiance to jb as for battery on xperiance I averaged 7.5 hours screen on

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
That would be awesome! Xperiance with a stable CM10 would be perfect! Keep us posted here when that happens as I'd be willing to try out an Alpha as well one weekend

hotbyz168

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 37723

View attachment 37724

So, I was a little disappointed in battery life. Usually I'm accustomed to 3-3.5 hours screen on time. My usage is different then most though. I use my phone for work, entering in sales orders, 50-100 texts throughout the day, 1-2 hours of phone calls, 4 email accounts to sync, music streaming in my car, text dictator with the Assistant app, NFC tags to change my settings, tons of tech sites from Google Reader and I don't like turning my screen brightness down. I know this probably isn't typical for most people, but this is an average day for me.

I am going to give the ROM a few days to try and if not any better, I'm going to go back to CM9.

Seems like your phone isn't going into deep sleep. Cpu spy would tell you if it is, but it seems like your on a new Rom already lol. Screen time is way too high for under 2 hours

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

mindmajick

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
That would be awesome! Xperiance with a stable CM10 would be perfect! Keep us posted here when that happens as I'd be willing to try out an Alpha as well one weekend

I/we will :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay