CM 10.1 or Jelly Bean 4.2 ROM

Coach_Urk

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Skyrocket today. I currently have the latest CM 10 nightly build on my Skyrocket. I was wondering why there aren't any ROMS sporting Jelly Bean 4.2 features for the Skyrocket yet? I use to have an Infuse 4G and had CM 10.1 on it and loved it. I know it's a lot to ask of developers but if there are any developers out there who would like to tackle this project I'm sure there would be plenty of people in the AC community who own Skyrockets who would appreciate it.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Its being tackled. Our devs are attempting but the kernel is a pain since we don't have anybody on the same soc that are on 4.2. Given that its likely you have no knowledge of how to write drivers or how to work with source I really dunno why you would ask this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Coach_Urk

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh well I don't have knowledge of coding and all the stuff that goes into building ROMs so I guess I need to learn some of that stuff so I can help build the code

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
What are the differences in cm10 and cm10.1?

There seems to be a wide gap in the way the kernel operates so its requiring some creative coding. Since the msm8660 has no real 4.2 sources we are fighting that and drivers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey just wanted to know if there was any progress on the JB 4.2 ROM?

Sent from SKYROCKET

We got it to boot but its got bad random reboots and other issues. I'm working on another 4.2 project at the moment so that's all the update I'm aware of

Sent from my refrigerator

Coach_Urk

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh okay well if there's any way that I could help out just let me know. I don't know much about coding but I'll help in anyway I possibly can.

Sent from SKYROCKET

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh okay well if there's any way that I could help out just let me know. I don't know much about coding but I'll help in anyway I possibly can.

Sent from SKYROCKET

Lol I doubt there's much any of us can do for team chopsticks at this point let them do their thing it just takes time.

Coach_Urk

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Understood I'm just trying to drop what I see around. Since our kernel for 4.2 now boots I'm setting up for pa

Okay I'm fairly new to Android. Only been here since October. Only had my Skyrocket for 2 weeks. What does "setting up for pa" mean?

Sent from SKYROCKET

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay I'm fairly new to Android. Only been here since October. Only had my Skyrocket for 2 weeks. What does "setting up for pa" mean?

Sent from SKYROCKET

I'm setting up source code to build paranoid android on 4.2 for the skyrocket. My plan is to become the maintainer for the ROM on our phone.

Coach_Urk

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm setting up source code to build paranoid android on 4.2 for the skyrocket. My plan is to become the maintainer for the ROM on our phone.

Oh okay well I'd like to say thanks on behalf of those of us who will be using your ROM maintaining it and for bringing us JB 4.2

Sent from SKYROCKET

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh okay well I'd like to say thanks on behalf of those of us who will be using your ROM maintaining it and for bringing us JB 4.2

Sent from SKYROCKET

Thank team chopsticks for 4.2 I'm just taking advantage of their work lol.

Second its not my rom I would just be building for a device.

In actuality I'm not doing much just fixing two parts to work together lol and I haven't done it yet so don't thank me.

Coach_Urk

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Thank team chopsticks for 4.2 I'm just taking advantage of their work lol.

Second its not my rom I would just be building for a device.

In actuality I'm not doing much just fixing two parts to work together lol and I haven't done it yet so don't thank me.

Oh well the fact that you're helping is appreciated. And I'll definitely thank everyone involved. If you could drop TC's link I would give them a thumbs up

Sent from SKYROCKET

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Very cool! Keep us posted on your progress, and looking forward to CM's and TC's work (which I've been following in XDA) as well. :) BTW, is your SN the same over there at XDA?

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Very cool! Keep us posted on your progress, and looking forward to CM's and TC's work (which I've been following in XDA) as well. :) BTW, is your SN the same over there at XDA?

At one time yes but I have not been on xda officially in a long while due to my trolling. I have issues with people on a developers platform not putting in time and effort to learn.

Coach_Urk

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey just wandering how the CM 10.1 project is going. Any newsworthy progress? I think I can speak on behalf of the whole GS2 Skyrocket community here on AC when I say that we are all CRAZY excited about getting CM 10.1 (JB 4.2) on our Skyrockets.

Also I always wanted to know if there are any other GS2 devices that have ROMs that are compatible with the Skyrocket?

Chimed in by Coach Urk

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey just wandering how the CM 10.1 project is going. Any newsworthy progress? I think I can speak on behalf of the whole GS2 Skyrocket community here on AC when I say that we are all CRAZY excited about getting CM 10.1 (JB 4.2) on our Skyrockets.

Also I always wanted to know if there are any other GS2 devices that have ROMs that are compatible with the Skyrocket?

Chimed in by Coach Urk

T-Mobile t-989