I want to update my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-i727 (it's currently unlocked) to 4.2.2 but I'm a total noob on this. Besides my SG2 is not working properly so I want to get a ROM for it but I want it to work smoother. I want the root because I want more access to my SG2... Can anyone help me out here? What is the best ROM? How do I install a ROM? How do I install the 4.2.2? How do I root my SG2?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-28-2013 08:00 AM
    I want to update my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-i727 (it's currently unlocked) to 4.2.2 but I'm a total noob on this. Besides my SG2 is not working properly so I want to get a ROM for it but I want it to work smoother. I want the root because I want more access to my SG2... Can anyone help me out here? What is the best ROM? How do I install a ROM? How do I install the 4.2.2? How do I root my SG2?

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...att-skyrocket/

Here's a guide for the Skyrocket on how to root and install recovery.

You should start by installing a custom recovery (TWRP) then root the device through odin per the directions in the guide. You can also root through TWRP recovery once it's been installed.

I suggest flashing the stable version of CyanogenMod 10.2. It's very stable and has the features of Android 4.3. Just dowload the CM 10.2 and Gapps (Google apps/Play Store) zip files to computer and flash in recovery. More details are available in xda forums if needed.

12-13-2013 04:16 AM