Is the Gear S3 with Tizen friendly with Android apps?

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Dunno if this has been posted before but what are the differences in user friendlyness between tizen and Android wear? I had the 1st Gen 360 and am looking at getting the gear s3 now they made a larger face option available.
Can you use apps such as watch a wear like android wear or a similar app to upload and create watchfaces? Is it as easy to install free watch faces?
Mods please move if this is not the appropriate spot to post.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is the Gear S3 with Tizen pretty friendly with Android apps?

Unfortunately, nope. Unlike Android Wear, for apps to work on the S3 they need to have a Tizen-specific app. You can still get notifications from other apps on the watch, you just won't have much to do with them unless the dev has made a watch companion app too (sort of like how it is on the Apple Watch).

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

So I should probably wait for the moto 360 3rd gen? I mean all I ever cared about was the ability to switch the face to literally any watch ever made, didn't ever really do to much app wise.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

If all you want are watch faces then you might be OK with the S3, and it's been getting very nice reviews. The amount of faces, however, will definitely be higher for Android Wear. BUT the S3 will probably have much better and functional designs.

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

I might get it and try it for a week or so and return it if I don't like it lol. I love the design and functionality it will have but I love being able to change my face 1p0x a day if I see fit to.

wcupk

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

moto is not coming out with a smartwatch this year. Might be a wait for you if you want 2nd gen moto 360

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

moto is not coming out with a smartwatch this year. Might be a wait for you if you want 2nd gen moto 360

Moto 360 already is and has been 2nd generation. A new release would be 3rd generation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz