Questions about standalone Android smartwatches

nikosbocho

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I am considering getting a standalone Android smartwatch (Finow Q1 or No.1 D6 for example) to use together with my Nexus 5X. One of the main functions I would like to do on a smartwatch is use a navigation app such as Google Maps or possibly Waze. My understanding is that these watches come with a slot for a SIM card.

1. If I don't put a SIM card in the smartwatch can I still use Google Maps and Waze if the smartwatch is paired to the smartphone?

2. Could I still use Google Maps or Waze if tether the smart watch to the smartphone's data's plan?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
As I mentioned in your other post about those android watches, they're full android, but the capabilities of each one specifically can be addressed by the manufacturer.

1: In Android Wear, absolutely you can do this. In fact, very few Android Wear devices have their own cellular capability. For instance my GWatchR shows the map on the screen if I launch Google Maps via voice from it.

2: If you have them installed on the watch, I don't see why this won't work, EXCEPT if the watch itself doesn't include GPS hardware.

Smith 001

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
So it comes to the GPS problem.If these watch support GPS?how about the GPS signal?
And yes,these watches support GPS,but I don't know what is a good GPS signal.I can get a fix,but it takes time.I can also make a route.