Weird Query/Request

NJack6050

Jul 29, 2020
Visit site
Good Day Everyone,

This might be the right place to ask as i have no idea where else to go, i am looking for an android app that would send out a specific sms to a specific number based off of a specific sms that was received by the phone? for example if a sms comes in from phone number "X" and contains the word "top" then a different sms gets sent to phone number "Y" which contains the word "top" like below:

sms from X: top is down
sms to Y: Please be advised that the top is down. Please phone me.

i want to be able to link X & Y together so that all incoming from X goes to Y containing for example the word "top" but i want to have unlimited setups like this with X & Y, A & B, C & D etc.

I hope you can assist.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can do this with automation apps like Tasker, but for SMS access/sending you'd very likely need root (messaging is restricted in the OS without it). IFTTT also seems to have some of this functionality (and it's usually easier to 'program' than Tasker, albeit the latter is more powerful).

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure the program can do what you want based on the text content. You definitely can have something happen upon receipt of a text from a specific person.

I will freely admit right now that I can easily be wrong.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just checked, it's actually quite straightforward (and no root required) with IFTTT. You can do the same with e-mails and trigger different actions with the same text/message.

PS: If you want this to work just with messages from a specific number, you can add a second AND condition to the trigger (one to match the phone number, another to match the text in the body; only trigger if BOTH conditions are met).
Annotation 2020-07-29 154752.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non