Rom Manager "CWM Not Installed"

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I didn't use Rom Manager to flash CWM, nor, will I be using it again. I just tried it out to see what it was about. (Maybe I will if I don't have a computer handy to flash a new version). However, every time I switch roms and look through Rom Manager it never says I have CWM installed.

At First at thought it was because I flashed manually. But then after trying it through Rom Manager and it going through and messing with it: I flash a different rom and it says It's not installed. is this because I didn't flash the rom with Rom Manager and just went straight to CWM?

Just curious. Not rush in answer or real need to know.

Thanks.

mjneid

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Just curious. Not rush in answer or real need to know.
Thanks.

Your assumptions are correct. If you use the ADB or fastboot flash the Recovery Image to the phone it will not register in the App it-self. Which to me is bogus. but hey cheap app for lazy people.

I personally refuse to use it for that reason, and it cannot verify the MD5SUM of the ROM.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Your assumptions are correct. If you use the ADB or fastboot flash the Recovery Image to the phone it will not register in the App it-self. Which to me is bogus. but hey cheap app for lazy people.

I personally refuse to use it for that reason, and it cannot verify the MD5SUM of the ROM.

Even after I got the thing to flash it's own boot it still wouldn't even register that it was installed on a completely different rom. Lol. What a waste.

mjneid

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Even after I got the thing to flash it's own boot it still wouldn't even register that it was installed on a completely different rom. Lol. What a waste.

Yea, i know Koush put a lot of time and effort into this program. But i was told by various, what i would call, Android Gurus not to use it.

Long story short when i bought my first android. Someone soft bricked their MyTouch3G due to this app. Luckily i got it for like 70.00 bucks and was walked though how to update it, back to a usable fashion.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Its cool I guess. I don't know. I prefer manually doing things my own. Don't like clicking a button and letting it do its thing.

At least that way I can figure out what happened when instead of being at the end like where did it all go wrong.