I spent a good majority of the day trying to put Windows 95 and 3.1 on my Droid using DosBox, and I finally did it.

Heres how I did it on my blog that I started today:
    http://androidblog.therevolve.com/?p=12

Will get photos up soon.
    05-11-2010 01:21 AM
    Very interesting and congratulations
    05-11-2010 07:43 AM
    Now here's your next project: classic Mac OS on Android
    05-12-2010 02:50 AM
    Thank is awesome and congratulations!

Can you make calls?
    Get Apps?
    Surf the interwebz?
    05-12-2010 07:22 AM
    Now here's your next project: classic Mac OS on Android
    That would be pretty hilarious.
    05-12-2010 07:24 AM
    Thank is awesome and congratulations!

Can you make calls?
    Get Apps?
    Surf the interwebz?
    Its just DosBox running ontop of Android 2.1, So I can still get calls. However, Getting on the internets is kinda a challenge. But I want to work with an os I am more familar with, so when I get Win95 or 98 on it. I will start for interwebs!

and lol, Classic Mac OS on Android? Heh, I'll try.
    05-12-2010 09:52 AM
    I am doing this right away! I have two unopened copies of Windows 3.11 and I think one is going to be cracked open for this. Thank you so much for the guide.
    05-12-2010 04:06 PM
    I am doing this right away! I have two unopened copies of Windows 3.11 and I think one is going to be cracked open for this. Thank you so much for the guide.
    Sweet. Lettme know how it goes.
    05-12-2010 06:31 PM
    Man.. it's amazing to see windows 3.1 running on droid.
    05-14-2010 05:10 AM
    Sweet. Lettme know how it goes.
    So I've got everything that I need, including a brand new never used sealed in box Windows 3.1 , except when I was preparing to start the process last night, I noticed something mentioned on the ADosBox page... it currently only supports hardware keyboards. As a Nexus One user, that leaves me at a standstill until it is fixed. I wonder, however, if it would work with a Bluetooth keyboard (I very highly doubt it) but I'll test it this weekend.

Once I can actually use ADosBox, I will give this a shot.
    05-14-2010 09:04 AM
    So I've got everything that I need, including a brand new never used sealed in box Windows 3.1 , except when I was preparing to start the process last night, I noticed something mentioned on the ADosBox page... it currently only supports hardware keyboards. As a Nexus One user, that leaves me at a standstill until it is fixed. I wonder, however, if it would work with a Bluetooth keyboard (I very highly doubt it) but I'll test it this weekend.

Once I can actually use ADosBox, I will give this a shot.
    I dont see why a bluetooth keyboard wouldn't work
    05-14-2010 11:16 AM
    I dont see why a bluetooth keyboard wouldn't work
    I guess I'll find out soon enough...
    05-14-2010 03:14 PM
    Update:

I got my iGo Stowaway Keyboard working with ADosBox (buggy, but it works) and I was ready to go ahead and begin the process. But my Windows laptop which I have had defunct and in the closet for over a year doesn't seem to work anymore (and it has an insertable floppy drive which i was going to use to make my 3.1 image). So it's gonna be another couple days before I try it. And when I do, you will be getting full credit for the process.
    05-15-2010 11:27 PM
    SUCCESS!

drraccoon, this couldn't have been done without you. i'm going to put together a post about it tomorrow and will definitely be giving you all the credit. just had to make some minor adjustments to accommodate the Nexus One.

as pointed out by drraccoon, this is far from usable. more just proof of concept. but here it is on my Nexus One using ADosBox...

05-16-2010 01:51 AM
    I have posted a step-by-step guide for anyone who wants to try this on the Nexus One with photos and a video demo.

drraccoon, a HUGE thank you to you for your guide. This couldn't have been done without you. I made sure to include full credit to you for this with links to you.

Windows 3.11 on an HTC Nexus One | Eric Tate
    05-16-2010 09:37 PM
    I have posted a step-by-step guide for anyone who wants to try this on the Nexus One with photos and a video demo.

drraccoon, a HUGE thank you to you for your guide. This couldn't have been done without you. I made sure to include full credit to you for this with links to you.

Windows 3.11 on an HTC Nexus One | Eric Tate
    Excellent Article! Hey, if you want, I wouldn't mind you writing articles for my Blog. I can set you up with a user account on there.
    05-19-2010 12:49 AM
    Excellent Article! Hey, if you want, I wouldn't mind you writing articles for my Blog. I can set you up with a user account on there.
    I'd love to in the future. At this moment though, I wouldn't have the time and would hate to disappoint you. Between my two sites which I hardly get the time to update anymore, a third that is being worked on, my full-time job, and my side/hobby job, I don't have much additional time

But I'd definitely love to hold on to that offer for the future if possible.

Thank you though. I really appreciate it.
    05-20-2010 08:46 AM
    Sorry to revive such an old thread, but your blog isn't working, What Heppened?
    08-13-2011 03:52 PM
    Sorry to revive such an old thread, but your blog isn't working, What Heppened?
    Mine? It's working fine for me.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see that you mean his. Not sure. Maybe he took it down?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    08-13-2011 04:07 PM
    Mine? It's working fine for me.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see that you mean his. Not sure. Maybe he took it down?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Maybe, But I'll use your guide... However I still need the disks, I just dug through my closet and could only find 4 of them ... Help?
    08-13-2011 04:48 PM
    It just takes me to Verizon search saying the site cannot be found? Please help?
    05-31-2013 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD