Rooted My Evo, Now What? Where do I get custom ROMs

korp#IM

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Just look around Android forum websites. They will come out .... not sure if any exist yet seeing as how it is a brand new phone. Also, you are probably going to revert back to sense ui ... not sure why you would leave because it really is the best thing out there except MAYBE Froyo (os 2.2).

caveman663

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
actually since I initially posted, i found a froyo rom and one call OMJ, I am running OMJ as it gives me the free wifi hotspot, the froyo was still just for looks...not too functional at all

buf1monty22

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I am fairly new to rooting, but i want to root my evo to get the free wifi hotspot. What does the OMJ rom change on the phone as opposed to the standard 2.1 system?

omardd98

May 29, 2010
Visit site
buf1monty22 Im new to the rooting as well but I would love to learn how to get the free hotspot were you able to do it and does it work? Can you walk me through it.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Search the marketplace for Rom Manager. The Evo is now listed there (you might need the pay one). This is by far my second favorite root user app.. my first is SetCPU

bluger

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I thought I remembered something about an EVO friendly ROM being posted at Android Central that has some kind of nice standard things built in. I can't find it now. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm still looking for it.
I definitely plan on rooting my phone, but I'm waiting to find something worth rooting it for (fingers crossed for functional version of Froyo soon).
EDIT: Found it. Wasn't exactly hidden, either. Need more coffee, apparently. I was thinking of the same ROM that Gabbott already posted, too. So, I've done absolutely nothing to help. I read some of the posts about the ROM and still don't have a good idea of how it will work differently than stock android on EVO. Someone care to explain the advantages of RvU to an android ROM noob?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX