Problem with Clockwork Recovery

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I seem unable to stay in clockwork recovery very long, it'll let me get maybe one or two options selected in recovery mode, then freeze, reboot itself and go back to my normal home screen.

Are there any good alternatives to this that i could flash or anyone ran into this before?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Try 2 things. ;
1) flash clockwork and then manually reboot into recovery and wipe the cache and reboot.

Of that doesn't work

2) uninstall rom manager (both free and paid) then reinstall and flash clockwork then reboot into recovery.

Hope that works. Let me know how it goes. If it doesn't work ill try to find out another solution.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I seem unable to stay in clockwork recovery very long, it'll let me get maybe one or two options selected in recovery mode, then freeze, reboot itself and go back to my normal home screen.

Are there any good alternatives to this that i could flash or anyone ran into this before?

if what the post above me said does not work. you can flash alternate recovery in ROM Manager which will give you SPRecovery ( which is very stable ) but me personally I absolutely love Clockwork I don't care what anyone says about it.

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I too am having the same issues that the op is having.
I uninstalled/reinstalled Rom Manger (both of them), and still can't get Clockwork to work.
I know that I did everything that is required for rooting, due to the Superuser Permission Ninja showing up.

Anyone have any idea what's wrong?:confused:

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you all using the latest CWR (which would be a bad thing in my experience)? Try rolling back to 1.8.1.4 (instead of 1.8.1.8?) - I had trouble not even being able to get INTO recovery mode and rolling back fixed it.

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Are you all using the latest CWR (which would be a bad thing in my experience)? Try rolling back to 1.8.1.4 (instead of 1.8.1.8?) - I had trouble not even being able to get INTO recovery mode and rolling back fixed it.
I've tried all of them... and still the same issue arises.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
here is what you do. i have run into this 2 times so far but i figured out how to fix it. open up rom manager and clear the download history by pressing the menu button. once that is done then reflash the clockwork recovery 2 or 3 times. then reboot into recovery. its a pain in the butt when you want to install a new rom and this happens but you cant have your cake and eat it too. let me know if this fixes the problem or not

Reactions: absolutefrustration

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante