Non-Virgin phones on Virgin Mobile service

slickestsauce

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've done a bunch of searches all over the internet to try and find anything on this. A lot of people seem to talk about trying it but then are never heard from again. Is there a consensus as to whether or not using a non-Virgin Mobile phone with Virgin Mobile service is ACTUALLY possible? I don't want a speculative yes or no here - so far every answer I've seen is just from people who are "pretty sure" one way or the other. I want a success or failure story, not some more theoretical wankery.

It's time to upgrade from my Optimus V and I'd really like to keep my $25/mo plan; if I need to donate anything from the Optimus to the replacement I'm totally willing to scavenge from it what I need and never power it up ever again.

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Virgin is going to tell you that you can only use Virgin branded phones.

There are some places that flash phones to use on other services. But the down fall is that if Virgin finds out your phone is flashed, they can discontinue your service without warning.

?~?~?HTC Evo Design?~?~?

slickestsauce

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Virgin is going to tell you that you can only use Virgin branded phones.

There are some places that flash phones to use on other services. But the down fall is that if Virgin finds out your phone is flashed, they can discontinue your service without warning.

?~?~?HTC Evo Design?~?~?

Yeah, Virgin already told me what Virgin is going to tell me.

Having service potentially cancelled isn't all that intimidating as I'm sure that for $35/mo it would start up again :D I never ever go to the Sprint store; does the OTA capability exist to determine if a phone is flashed? I mean, theoretically I suppose there's ALWAYS a way but we're not talking about a provider so ambitious as to crash a user's phone and measure the reboot time.

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
May have to go to a Boost/Virgin store to seeing they flash, those stores are independently owned and operated and make their own rules and policies.

When you have a flashed device the service provider can't provide any troubleshooting or help?

Getting updates maybe tricky, since the manufacturer collaborates with the service provider on the updates.

?~?~?HTC Evo Design?~?~?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca