How do you root BLU Elite 3.8 phone (2.3.6)?

b_nyce

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely not well-versed as many of you here are, and I must say I admire your technical knowledge!

I saw a good bargain on an android phone called BLU Elite 3.8, which is made by BLU Products and is a very new company as this model debuted just August 2012. I haven't found any forums that could tell me how to root it, properly, so as to avoid bricking it.

Here are its specs with regard to its processor/clock/core/OS/Kernel, if this helps any at all:

Processor: Qualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon / ARM Cortex-A5
Clock: 1000 Mhz
Core: 1 Single-Core
Kernel: 2.6.38.6-perf ccadmin@BUILD13 #1

All the rest of its specs can be found here: Blu Elite 3.8 D430 - Specifications, specs - More Cell Phone

I would truly appreciate if anyone could shed a light on the best procedure to root this device as this could definitely help anyone else who buys (or has bought) phones from this maker as I'm interested in getting one.

Thanks in advance whomever takes on the challenge :)

Last edited:

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok. 1st, you are gonna have some problems with storage. Believe it or not a gig of internernal space doesn't go far in the world of android (or iOS for that matter). the only way you will get that phone to run at peak condition is to root it because most of the custom roms have a script built in to force all apps over to the sd card. Some even use a bridge called ext3 or ext4 to partition a specific ammount on the sd card for the internal memory. The phone then thinks that the allocated space on the sd card is in fact its own internal memory and then all apps on that partition work as they would on the internal memory. this keeps some apps and widgets from messing up like they would on the sd card. Another is the fact that there is no official support. You won't have any custom roms unless you find someone out there in the vast world of unofficial developers who has made a rom. but in due time mabey. The easiest way to root is Gingerbreak or something of the sort. I used it on my Lg Optimus V running 2.2.2 froyo and it rooted perfectly. I am NOT liable if your phone is messed up with this. Just remember that. Good luck. happy Rooting.

Adrian Hall

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Go to the Karbonn A9 page on xda(Link) and follow that method because its the same phone under different branding and also it worked for my wife's blu elite 3.8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty