Best Way to Develop A Simple App?

daniel178

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am a total novice. However, I'd like to develop a simple timecard app for Android, specifically targeted like the apps below.

Wrap Time - Time Card for Film Crews iPhone App Download on Appato
Crew Time Card - iPhone App

These only exist for Apple products, though. What is the easiest, most straight-forward (Windows-based) software for creating such an app? I've heard of something called Eclipse...? Or something from Google?
(oh, and this is just something for myself, really)

Thanks!

Appventive

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
If you're new to coding, you might want to check out MIT App Inventor. It provides a graphical interface for creating apps and should work well for the kinds of apps you want to make. Note however that when I last used App Inventor (back when it was still owned by Google), it was not possible to publish the apps in the Market. I don't know if this is stil the case.

Good luck!
Steve

Tweeky99

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I agree with the last post. App Inventor is considerably easier to use. Having said that, it's still not easy and you'll have to invest a lot of time working through the various tutorials that are out there for it. There is a good community there for you too though, just look for support on the MIT AI website and it'll take you to a Google Group. In my experience they are very helpful.

Dima Nilsen

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Seems to be an old thread.. but anyway. People often ask me: how to start develop the native android app? my answer is always: first learn Java.