I am currently running Simply Stunning 4.7 Running ChevyNo1 Kernal 7-Slot ULV 1.0ghz. I downloaded Overclock Widget from the Market.

My first question is if I am running that kernal is it necessary to have the Overclock Widget?

My second question is if I use the Overclock widget what would be a good setting for a minimum and maximum screen off and screen on setting? I am 100% new to any type of overclocking so be gentle.....
    08-27-2010 01:57 PM
    I'm pretty sure that Chevy's kernels don't OC on their own, but I've never used OC widget (use SetCPU, myself). I'm going to assume that the max/min settings are for clock speeds, and if that's the case I'd put the min at the lowest (250m, I believe) and the max at 800m for starters and see how she works for you.
    08-27-2010 02:21 PM
    i think only Pete's roms overclock the processor automatically. im using chevy's rom and have setcpu and i set my standard setting at 250-1200. though chevy's rom runs great even at 550 so not sure what is better for you. setcpu is pretty much the standard app when it comes to overclocking
    08-28-2010 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD