Need Serious Help Hacking Pros!

masonm159

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Bear with my guys, I am a noob when it comes to this stuff, but I am trying to learn (and promise to teach another once I do :D)

Ok so I was following the directions to installing CM6, and it said to flash a new radio and an engineering SPL. So I did the radio first and SPL second. Radio went fine, but the SPL is another story. I am guessing that I didn't need to do the SPL in the first place, well lesson learned. I can't get off the bootloader or clockwork page. I tried restoring any of my backups and it says "error while flashing boot image" On the fast boot page it says "no image or wrong boot image." So I did a factory reset thinking that Ok Ill just cut my losses and start over, but that did no GOOD, it just seems that I am at the same place as I was. I still have all my recoveries on my SD card.

I'll be happy to give more information if you need it. Give it to me straight, is my evo dead? I would like things to be restored, but if worst comes to worse, Ill take starting over.

tranceunte

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Did you do a full wipe? Including cache and Dalvik cache? Sorry for the question, but did you root before trying to install from recovery? Also, what recovery are you using? Clockwork or Amon_Ra ?

masonm159

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Not a wip because i wasnt installing the cm6 rom YET, i was installing the engineering thing. Since that is what the directions said to do. Yes i was rooted before and i am using clockwork. I got it to boot up by reflashing the last weeks ota update. Now I am working on getting everything back via titanium. How do i do that? Also, Will this problem continue to happen, ya know the boot image not found thing?

tranceunte

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I had some problems the first time I flashed CM6. Let me try to find the exact post I followed and the files I used to flash and I'll get back to you. I'm running myn's Warm twopointtwo Rls 1 Rom btw... nice Rom... :)

tranceunte

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
looks like your are offline. Hopefully you were able to get the stock ROM back on your phone. Let me write a quick step by step and post it back.

tranceunte

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully you were able to get back to stock ROM. Here are the steps you need to follow.

1.Root with unrevoked unrevoked use the first option, not the forever one.
2. Go to Market and download ROM Manager
3. From ROM Manager, install Amon_Ra recovery (Clockworks gives some problems installing CM6)
4. Download CM6 and and google addons from here: [ROM][WTF][BBQ] CyanogenMod-6 - No Sense at ALL! - V6.0.0 (08/28/2010) - xda-developers
5. Download the ENG bootloader (PC36IMG.zip) from here: ENG bootloader (0.76 needed for CM6) extended fastboot commands. - xda-developers
6. Download the kernel CM6-Snapv7.6 Turbo (get the cfs 7.6 version) from here: xda-developers - View Single Post - [Kernel] CM6-Snapv7.6 Turbo! Splash Screens, Papersv3, Widgetv5
7. Copy the CM6, PC36IMG.zip, and the Snap kernel to the root of your sdcard
8. Power off your phone
9. Press power and Vol down, until you get to the white window with androids on skate board
10. It will see your PC36IMG, and ask you to press vol up to install...do so
11. When that is done, go to recovery it will show you the Amon_Ra recovery. Do a nandroid backup if you haven?t done it before. Then, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik cache.
12. Go to install zip from sdcard, look for the update-cm-6.0.0-Supersonic-signed and apply it.
13. When the above is done, do the same (install zip from sdcard), now look for cm6-snapv7.6cfs_signed an apply it.
14. When the above is done, do the same (install zip from sdcard), now look for gapps-hdpi-20100817-signed and apply it.
15. If no errors were found, then you are done...Reboot into your now working CM6 vanilla froyo.
16 Enjoy!!

masonm159

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Thank you so much for your help. You are the second person who reccomended that rom to me (this post was on xda too cuz I was reaking out last night) so I think I will try it out.

Yeah I got back to stock by reflashing the ota update from last week that was still on my zip card. But I still couldnt restore any of my nandroid backups. Now my phone says invalid or no boot image when I tried to do that. So Does that mean I will have problems when I try to install the rom you just told me about? Does each individual rom have a different boot image, or does every phone have just one? Thanks for your helpfulness and time!:)

tranceunte

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Forget about the nandroid backup for now. Just follow the steps above, after you have a working ROM, just do another nandroid backup. Good Luck!

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I used this method today (I was already rooted via unrevoked) and it worked like a charm. Thanks! I was seriously starting to get frustrated :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech