Does Huawei Ascend Y330 Have A Download Mode?

Tahallaman

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
For The Past Two Days I've Been Attempting to root my Huawei Ascend Y330 automatically on the PC but nothing works, so i what i did was attempt to root it manually using this forum

[UNIVERSAL GUIDE] Root Any Android Device Manually !

. I followed this forum and it told me to put the phone into download mode. It said on many different forums to hold the volume up and down and power button, this put's my phone onto recovery mode, So Does My Phone Have Download Mode or Does it not have download mode, Or Is there a way to install it using recovery?

Huawei Ascend Y330
Android 4.2.2

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) Try Kingo. According to one video I've seen, Kingo will root the Y330, and it worked at 4.2.2, so it should work. (You just connect the Hauwei to the computer, run the program and it roots.)*

2) Try Volume Down/Home and then Power. Hold them all until the next screen. It shold be something like "press volume down to download, volume up for normal boot". If you go into download mode, you'll see a warning to not turn the device off. That's while you're downloading something to it. Since you're just looking to make sure you can get into download mode, you can hold the power button down until it reboots. If you reboot or shut the phone off while it's downloading something, it only downloaded a part of the file, and if that's a ROM, you have only half an Android, which won't boot. (Putting it back in download mode and letting it download the entire file usually fixes that, so even if you do it, there's no reason to panic.)

*3) The less a rooting program does, the better. Rooting is actually just putting a file named su into the /system folder. The problem is that you have to be rooted to do it. Before you try Kingo (it puts at least one unneeded file on the phone that I know of - no harm, just not "elegant"), try Towel Root first. (It's an app you run from the phone itself, no computer needed, no download mode.) It works by making Linux crash in a way that comes back with the app rooted. No messy leftovers. If it can't root your phone, it'll just say so and quit, it won't do any harm.

Once that's done, rooting also usually installs busybox (for some Linux commands that Google left out) and a superuser app (SuperSU is about the best, but Superuser is good too). That makes an app trying to get root ask you for permission. (Normally, in Linux, running su asks for the root password - that's messy with a phone that's being used mostly by people who wouldn't know Linux from a potato.) It's so that if some virus or Trojan asks for root, you can say "I didn't run anything that needs root, so NO." It also keeps a list of apps you've given permission to, so you don't have to press OK every time you run the app.

Major question you should ask yourself before rooting - it voids the warranty and can allow me to run apps that can brick the phone if I don't know how to use them, so why do I want to root the phone? If it's just to have a rooted phone, don't. If it's to run an app that needs root, or to get rid of the carrier's bloat, okay, but don't run rooted apps you don't know about without asking first.

We don't mind "Should I run this rooted app? What problems can it cause? Is there an unrooted app that will do the same thing?" questions. We DO feel bad when someone says "I did so and so, and my phone won't turn on", when we know that you should never do that, and there's a safe way of doing what he wanted, if only he'd asked before he bricked his phone. This is a real case of don't shoot first, ask questions. That's why most of us are here - to keep yo from doing what we did and had to learn the hard way (sometimes that means buying a new phone for full retail).

Tarra Sparks

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys....I would like to know if I can unbrick my phone...Huawei Y330-u11, can't enter recovery....can't power on....just reboots on and on....only fastboot mode is accessible...plz help...I have the full rom for the phone....thanks in advance...

s2dalofficial

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
hello guys.... I'm New/Noob here, or at least one of them... I have a query, how to unlock Huawei y330-u11's bootloader so that I can ROOT>BACKUP MY ROM(READBACK)>CREATE CWM RECOVERY FROM ROM BACKUP>FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY CREATED>PORTING SOME ROMS and finally HAVE A CUSTOM ROM IN THIS (P.O.S)
As you see, the only problem is that my bootloader is locked and I could not find a way to unlock it anywhere.... anyone that can assist this noob?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech