Hello AndroidCentral, I'm new here... I just wanna know if anyone could help me up with one problem:

1. First I had downloaded a version of the Torque OBD Check app from the internet, and I saw it is in english, then I've decided to translate it into my language, on the wiki it says clearly how to do it but, I need to place the file with strings translated in one hidden folder (filename: language_mycountrycode_override.txt) < this basically doesn't fully translate the app and it goes in "Language TEST MODE" (one ****ty text on the screen while browsing the app). As I researched on the internet about that app, the developer says that the app chooses the language to be used by the telephone language (then if the phone lang is in polish for ex, the language of the app should be in polish) I have tried to add the lang text file to the assets of the apk archieve but now i can't install it.. Someone can help me to modify this app to use the lang file of my phone lang ? If anyone could help me, I could PM then the app download link and file tho. If you had any questions or what to do, leave here a reply, or just to make that demo test dissapear
    07-14-2015 08:12 AM
    anyone ?
    07-15-2015 12:26 PM
    I think the best thing would be to contact Ian Hawkins, the maker of the app, directly.
    His contact info is on the Torque Google Play page.
    07-15-2015 02:56 PM
    I think the best thing would be to contact Ian Hawkins, the maker of the app, directly.
    His contact info is on the Torque Google Play page.
    I have send him an email on both email adresses .. about 1 week ago.. no response
    07-16-2015 08:48 AM
    Two things: be sure that you renamed the file in the right way. I had a look at the wiki page about translation, and it said that the filename must be translation_<lang>_override.txt, where <lang> is the ISO 639-1 code (the one using two letters): then, i.e., en for english, it for italian and so on.
    The other thing: you must be sure that your file is utf-8 encoded. This may depend on the text editor (but also the OS) you are using; try to check your text editor settings.
    07-31-2015 06:32 AM