I flashed Serendipity today and used clockwork rom manager to "reboot into recovery" and it worked just fine. Now when i try to "reboot into recovery with" clockwork I first get a screen that says:

Android System Recovery <3e>

Samsung Recovery utils
    -for BML-

and then options for: reboot system now, apply sdcard:update.zip, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, and format internal sdcard.

all that text is in blue and while i can use the volume keys to scroll, i cannot select any of the options with the power button, it does nothing. at the bottom of this screen there is some yellow text and red text saying: "failed to verify whole-file signature" and "installation aborted". I get stuck at this screen unless i battery pull (the first time my phone ran out of battery here) and when i turn it on again it it goes to the normal, green text clockword recovery options screen...
    03-16-2011 11:41 PM
    3e signature verification i believe is something added in with froyo. i dont understand why your install of serendipity would not have a working recovery. you might want to flash a different kernel. you can use sgs kernel flasher from the market and flash a a different kernel like hardcores speedmod or suckerpunch any one will do. after you use sgs kernel flasher which is pretty straightforward to do. select your kernel, flash and it will reboot. after your device reboots, reboot into recovery to verify your cwm is working
    03-19-2011 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD