What are the must have/best apps for rooted phones?

BurgesS

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
What are the must have/best apps for rooted phones? I've installed root explorer and the wireless tether (which I haven't gotten to work so far). What else does everyone suggest?

digitard#WN

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
SetCPU
TempMonitor (almost a necessity IMHO with SetCPU)
If you don't have a 2.1 based ROM (or one with LiveWallpaper's loaded) doing that manually is nice. I just like the movement of the Wallpaper (I keep the grass one on my Droid)

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
SetCPU
TempMonitor (almost a necessity IMHO with SetCPU)
If you don't have a 2.1 based ROM (or one with LiveWallpaper's loaded) doing that manually is nice. I just like the movement of the Wallpaper (I keep the grass one on my Droid)
SetCPU's widget takes care of the temperature. Plus you can set a profile to drop the processor speed if you hit a certain temp.

deeepakumar

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
http : //www . google . com / #hl=en&safe=off&q=apps+for+root&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&fp=c5aa4278f68e4a4

helpful. he's asking for the best apps for root, not a generic google result. it's a subjective question. thusly:

root explorer (must-have)
cachecleaner (or cachemate)
drocap2
better terminal emulator

digitard#WN

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
SetCPU's widget takes care of the temperature. Plus you can set a profile to drop the processor speed if you hit a certain temp.

I don't care for that one. I don't like the SetCPU box being on my main screen, but want to see the temp constantly.

So I use the other app so that it adds the temp to my bar instead so it's always visable.

Much nicer for my personal preferences.

I do, though, keep SetCPU's widget on my left screen and I do agree it's nice... I just like my main screen being minimal.

ALSO:
I highly recommend Root Explorer. I added that a little while back, for boot animations, and it does so much if you're looking for "true" file access.

Hmong_Xiong

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Root Explorer
Android Over lock
Script Manager for supercharging and turbocharging

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
[X] Motorola Xoom: Stock Root 3.2
Tapatalk