I have an SDK which is integrated in multiple applications. Each of my client application have their own copy of my SDK. Now I need to add some advanced features for which I need to store data on persistent storage. I don't want that if 5 applications are using my SDK then they hold their separate copy of previously mentioned data.

I want to store that pre-processed data at a common location from where all clients applications can use it.

My constraints:
    1. I can't ask my client application to let me install an additional apk with the help of which I could have developed a content provider.
    2. That share data should not get deleted if any of my client application is uninstalled from user device.
    3. I must be able to update that data from only one place, but can access from all clients.
    02-06-2019 06:57 AM
    I moved this to the Software Development forum for more specific traffic.
    02-06-2019 01:10 PM
    If you don't want to have to set up your own physical servers, check out Google Firebase. If it's a small project it won't cost you anything, but if it's likely to scale to over 10,000+ users, cost might become more significant. Good efficiency can keep those costs down, so keep that in mind while designing the database structure. It sounds like you're setting it up to be a read-only database from the client side that will only be written to by you from the master side. If that's the case, you won't have to worry much about storage capacity (Firebase gives you 1 GB of free database storage).
    02-21-2019 03:21 PM