Root & Cyanogen running... problem!

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I've been trying to update to Jrummy's remix and keep getting an error when attempting to install. I rooted and installed Cyanogen 5.0.6 Thursday night and was waiting for Jrummy to update. Anyone know what's going on? I am new to rooting and roms, so there is a possible I may have missed a step or two. I even attempted to use the rom manager which had me install clockworkmod recovery... not sure if that means anything or matters.

device - n1 (at&t version)

Thanks!

1271552830.jpg

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
That looks like there is an issue with the ROM that you downloaded. Clockwork was obviously installed properly, but the JRummy ROM contains some sort of error. I would suggest navigating your SD card, finding that JRummy update.zip, deleting it, and redownloading the file. Then try to do it again, and see if it works.

Also, if you download it through ROM MAnager, it will ask you to reboot into recovery, and install it automatically, makes it much easier.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I actually changed it to "Update" and transferred it to the SD card... after the issues, I realized the instructs said "update" (lowercase u) and changed it right on the SD card.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Well. Since it is technically a new ROM, it would probably need to be installed via the Nandroid method, thats why it would be easiest to let ROM Manager do all that fun for you.

I dont think that JRummy can be run as an update.zip from the Cyanogen ROM. Update.zip is usually just a small fix, a theme, or an update to a previous ROM, of like the same "family" in a sense. Like you would update.zip from the old Cyanogen ROM to this one, but not from Cyanogen to JRummy.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Personally, when I tried to load JRummy on my Droid, it gave me nothing but issues as well. I dont care for the appearance "enhancements" that this theme provides anyways.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Another question... i want to use a larger SD card... can I just copy all the files to another one and just insert it?

I would probably copy all the files onto my PC, insert the memory card, format and then copy them back over. Would this work?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2