i am trying to support multilingual android Application. Here, the problem is when we change every time language, i need to build the app because of some more strings are adding in strings.xml file but that conversions are not exists in other language`s xml files. how to resolve this problem ? how to avoid re-building of app for every language selection?
    12-25-2019 11:31 PM
    Hi, best you register so you can communicate with other members as there a dedicated Forum here for app developer.I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here , as a guest account you can't.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    12-25-2019 11:42 PM
    I am trying to support multilingual android Application. Here, the problem is how to avoid creation of strings.xml file for every language on users particular language selection.
    For example, if we have a word like "Father" in english , how to translate this word automatically into some other language like Hindi(पिता)(On Users selection)?
    12-26-2019 12:11 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this to the Software Development forum for more specific traffic.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    12-26-2019 01:26 AM
    Duplicate threads merged.
    12-26-2019 01:30 AM
    Include all words you're going to use in the app in all xml files to start. Unless you want to develop an AI app that can translate between languages without having example words - kind of a "universal translator" app, like in Star Trek. (Since they haven't been able to even figure out an algorithm to do that - even with supercomputers - I don't think you'd b able to, but you can try. I suggest that you work it out in your mind before doing anything on paper on in a computer, though. If you have no idea how to do it, writing or typing anything is just a waste of time. Work out an algorithm [a way to do it] first.)

Otherwise, xml files are the only way. (Unless you want to use database files, text files, etc. - but xml files make it easier.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-26-2019 01:06 PM