*extreme battery drain?*

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Peace All....

I asked around in other forums..just trying to get some ideas. Anyway...I Recently purchased a SS3 Steel from eBay, new out of the box with seal around package. Upon setting it up, I immediately updated it to LolliPop. I synced my apps to my watch (which include the basics like, Wear Launcher, WatchMaker, Facer and etc.). At first I didn,t notice the battery drain, as I was just having fun playing with it. But after a hour or so I was down to 40%--->and I just attributed it to battery having to cycle a couple of times. Here it is day 2 with watch and i have to re-charge it every 4-5 hrs---> this cant be normal.
Is this something to do w/ the recent Android Wear app update? Is there anything I can do to fix this battery drain---or do I have a defective unit?
Suggestions please

BobLad

May 17, 2015
Visit site
There are some apps that are constantly updating widgets - e.g., instaweather, wearable widgets, etc. Some of these are more battery-intensive. I don't have a problem with instaweather. It's worth having on and updating all the time, but wearable widgets seems to be a battery hog. I like using it to check emails, but use it only when I might be getting something really important that might require a prompt reply. I also have cloud sync turned off. Unfortunately my reply is subjective because I know of no way to tell which apps use how much battery on the watch, like you can on your phone. Maybe you know of an app that does this.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately my reply is subjective because I know of no way to tell which apps use how much battery on the watch, like you can on your phone. Maybe you know of an app that does this.

There are battery stats in the android wear app on your phone.

BobLad

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't see battery stats in the android wear app on my phone. Where are they? OK - I found them - android wear, settings, smartwatch 3, watch battery.

Last edited:

carter79

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had a problem with mine.
It lasts 2 days before a charge (turning off at night)
The only real drain is when I'm using it to txt alot but that I guess would be expected.

Posted via the Android Central App

BobLad

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I keep seeing articles dissing this watch because "everybody" experiences sudden battery drain. Well I don't and neither do several others who have so indicated on this forum. There are probably many users who don't have this problem. Otherwise we'd be hearing from them too. Since we all have the same watch and Android Wear is the same, there should be a solution to this problem that is some particular thing - something some persons are doing that I and others are not. In other words, it's not the watch or Wear that's to blame, but probably an app. I'd like to help with this problem, but I can't find a solution to a problem I don't have. I do have a suggestion. Try to notice if your screen turns on by itself for no apparent reason. If you see this happening, check what was going on with your watch right then.

atremorer

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the same thing. I just got mine last night, set it up, let it go through the updates, and then added a few apps (Intellicom WatchFaces, Shazam) after taking it off the charger around 7 am. I did nothing but answer a few notifications through the day and it was telling me it was running out of battery by 11:30 am.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma