Looking forward to the Smartwatch 3...

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I am really looking into buying this. I had the Moto 360 for a few hours and hated it. I'm hoping this watch will have all that I want included. It's between this the gear s and basis peak. How about you guys?

From my smokin' hot Note 4

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I currently have an SW3 and a Moto 360. Well I literally just opened the SW3 but so far am very disappointed.. The whites are 100% yellow... It ruins the whole experience. All colors are saturated and look terrible and really terrible when next to the moto 360, unfortunately my oneplus's camera doesn't capture the yellow well but I am going to post the picture.

The speed of the watch is very nice and I will brave the cold for a run tomorrow to try the GPS. The feel of the watch although the screen is small is actually nice and it hugs my wrist well. Go ahead and ask questions and I will try to answer.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 851.jpg
    851.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 64

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I currently have an SW3 and a Moto 360. Well I literally just opened the SW3 but so far am very disappointed.. The whites are 100% yellow... It ruins the whole experience. All colors are saturated and look terrible and really terrible when next to the moto 360, unfortunately my oneplus's camera doesn't capture the yellow well but I am going to post the picture.

The speed of the watch is very nice and I will brave the cold for a run tomorrow to try the GPS. The feel of the watch although the screen is small is actually nice and it hugs my wrist well. Go ahead and ask questions and I will try to answer.

Can you answer calls on it? Does it have OK Google?

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's android wear. So yes it does have "OK Google" and google now integration with a microphone. The watch does not have a speaker or sim slot so answering calls on it would be exactly like the SW2, you can answer it but you need another device for sound and microphone and the watch must still be connected to the phone. My setup is My OnePlus One, then the SW3, then a pair of bluetooth headphones the LG Tone +.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
It's android wear. So yes it does have "OK Google" and google now integration with a microphone. The watch does not have a speaker or sim slot so answering calls on it would be exactly like the SW2, you can answer it but you need another device for sound and microphone and the watch must still be connected to the phone. My setup is My OnePlus One, then the SW3, then a pair of bluetooth headphones the LG Tone +.
Oh oh thanks. It's as I thought. I'll be passing over this one in favor of the gear s.

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

What face is that in the pic?

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
How did the run go? I'm interested in this for the standalone GPS, but so far I don't know of any apps that support it yet. Also any thoughts about local music playback or battery life?

Posted via Android Central App

Damien J

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I picked mine up at VZ last night and still playing with it. BATTERY IS GREAT.....Charged it last night, took it off this morning at 630, currently at 80% at time of post (2:10pst). in regards to visibility & direct sunlight...I was out earlier and I was able to view the screen using "ok Google" to send a text. Overall it's meeting my expectation.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
What face is that in the pic?

Weather watchface paid version

How did the run go? I'm interested in this for the standalone GPS, but so far I don't know of any apps that support it yet. Also any thoughts about local music playback or battery life?

Posted via Android Central App
Run went great, GPS never found me.
According to other reports the only app that works for GPS is google my tracks but it never found my location during a 5 mile run...

Local music playback is fine but it only let's you browse and play from one CD at a time, shuffle only shuffles the current CD but this should change soon.

I picked mine up at VZ last night and still playing with it. BATTERY IS GREAT.....Charged it last night, took it off this morning at 630, currently at 80% at time of post (2:10pst). in regards to visibility & direct sunlight...I was out earlier and I was able to view the screen using "ok Google" to send a text. Overall it's meeting my expectation.

Agreed screen visibility in sunlight is fine. Better than the other watches out.

Does yours have yellowing? Others say theirs do also. I hope its not due to the low power mode as the sw2 screen looked much better...

Last edited:

Damien J

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
The yellowing your mentioned is subjective. I didnt notice it until I looked at your pic side-by-side of the moto 360. As Im looking at it my screen now, im satisfied with the whitening of my screen. And I came from the LG G Watch.

Damien J

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE: As of 4pm Monday, battery is now at 2%. This comes after taking it off the charger 0630 Sunday morning. Thats a total of 34hrs:)

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
The yellowing your mentioned is subjective. I didnt notice it until I looked at your pic side-by-side of the moto 360. As Im looking at it my screen now, im satisfied with the whitening of my screen. And I came from the LG G Watch.

Not nearly as subjective as you think. I got a replacement... The color is 1 million x better on this one. A slight yellow but not nearly as bad as the other. Even my buddies sw3 looked a million times better than that one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie