Anyone interested in the Sony Xperia 1 III? (US)?

neilk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
According to the Sony US site for the 1 III, it supports most of the sub6 and 2.5g 5g channels. It looks very good for T-Mobile support. No mmWave support but then that is likely not a big deal for many of us. I am very interested in the III as long as it is not priced higher than the 1II at about $1200. That puts it close to the S21 Ultra which is also on my list of potential phones.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Will probably be my next phone. ALL "flagships" are overpriced so....this is the only one that has everything I desire in a phone. Headphone jack, front facing stereo speakers (360), fast charging (but not too fast which is better for battery), USA release and support (hopefully with warranty) fairly large battery 4500, NO, that is ZERO punch holes and notches, and a notification LED. Plenty of RAM and storage...expandable at that...and I don't even care about the cameras as I don't take many pictures. NO other phone even comes close for twice-the-price...whatever it ends up being!

Deimos10

Mar 2, 2021
Visit site
Will probably be my next phone. ALL "flagships" are overpriced so....this is the only one that has everything I desire in a phone. Headphone jack, front facing stereo speakers (360), fast charging (but not too fast which is better for battery), USA release and support (hopefully with warranty) fairly large battery 4500, NO, that is ZERO punch holes and notches, and a notification LED. Plenty of RAM and storage...expandable at that...and I don't even care about the cameras as I don't take many pictures. NO other phone even comes close for twice-the-price...whatever it ends up being!
Agreed, it does look like a pretty convincing package. Especially the smaller version, because personally I'm starting to get a little sick of flagship spec phones that don't even fit in my pocket anymore.

TeknoBlast

May 20, 2016
Visit site
I just heard about it today and I’m very interested in it. My only concern is not knowing if it supports dual sims. I currently have the Pixel 4XL and I use the esim and physical sim.

Poolman55

Feb 4, 2021
Visit site
I just heard about it today and I’m very interested in it. My only concern is not knowing if it supports dual sims. I currently have the Pixel 4XL and I use the esim and physical sim.

I just checked the Sony site and it says dual sim hybrid. Phone Arena says dual sim shared with sd.

TeknoBlast

May 20, 2016
Visit site
Both 1 mark iii and 5 mark iii support dual Sim.

Thank you. This pretty much made my decision to get the mark iii. The specs look amazing and the camera too. Cant wait to preorder this.

Samsung has DEX for desktop mode, does Sony have anything equivalent?

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. This pretty much made my decision to get the mark iii. The specs look amazing and the camera too. Cant wait to preorder this.

Samsung has DEX for desktop mode, does Sony have anything equivalent?

Am not sure but if it is not there, then that's one thing I will miss moving to Sony from Note (Been a note user since Note 2) unless Android 12 has it enabled natively (hopefully). Since I have Sony A7C, am really excited for Xperia iii.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
With no new note this year, I'm looking for 1 or 2 play devices.

Just ordered a mi 11 Ultra and very interested in the 1 iii too.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I am getting the 1 III
Nice one. Any news on release date there mate?

Will see how much I like the mi11U first, but might wait a little after release to get the Sony. Depends on the offers here I guess.

Between them I hope their cameras keep me interested enough until the next note is out.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
It's weird but from my experience with Sony the camera always left something to be desired.. Hopefully no longer the case.. Definitely looking good phone..

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Nice one. Any news on release date there mate?

Will see how much I like the mi11U first, but might wait a little after release to get the Sony. Depends on the offers here I guess.

Between them I hope their cameras keep me interested enough until the next note is out.
No date revealed yet, Sony need to release their phones quicker. I've been thinking about the 11 Ultra myself but not quite convinced. I love Sony for their design, sound quality and clean android. Hopefully this phone will be the one where they deliver a top camera experience.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
No date revealed yet, Sony need to release their phones quicker. I've been thinking about the 11 Ultra myself but not quite convinced. I love Sony for their design, sound quality and clean android. Hopefully this phone will be the one where they deliver a top camera experience.
Yip. Literally months between unpacking and release....... They do themselves no favours.

I was just looking for something completely different from Samsung / OneUI for a bit. Although love both.
Will keep the note for work until the next one comes.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
3.months is a long wait. I am thinking about trying the S21U in the meantime
I'm keeping my N20U for work, so want a complete departure from Samsung for a bit.

Long story short - ordered a mi 11 Ultra from China. Took 12 days to come. In those 12 days discovered from all those in UK that received before me all the CN ROM bugs. Now, I knew what I was getting into with the CN ROM. But unfortunately both Android Auto and Carrier Aggregation are broken on it. With no fix in sight.
So , sold it without even opening it to a work colleague.

To that end, I know have a UK OppoFind X3 Pro enroute to try.

Which might well get sold when I can get a Sony 1 iii. .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair