Sony 1iii

darrinaltman

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I don’t believe it has been released anywhere yet. From reading online it seems like the earliest will be in July. B&H Photo says it will start shipping in the US on August 31. I hope they are wrong though.

neilk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
So I have now had my Xperia 1 M3 for one month now so I feel more comfortable writing my impressions. First off I should put my observations in context. This is my first Sony phone since I had an SE P1 back in the old Symbian days. I moved to the 1 M3 from a Nokia 9 PureView. Previous to the Nokia I was using a Google Nexus 6p.

The biggest upgrade point for me is the Sony's side mounted fingerprint reader. It works every single time without failure. In contrast, the in-display reader of the Nokia barely worked 1 in 10 tries. The Nexus 6p with its rear mounted FPS was equal to the Sony in function.

The Sony is taller than the Nokia but slimmer so it is very easy to hold and use. The Nokia was also easy to hold and use. The Nokia had a 60 hz 2k display so things looked very good and text was crisp. The Sony having a higher resolution and 120 hz is easier on the eyes than the Nokia.

The Sony charges much faster with the 30 watt charger versus 18 for the Nokia. I use the same 10 watt wireless charger for both and have not timed any wireless charging yet.

After the above comparisons there is essentially nothing I have owned to compare to the Sony. It has twice the memory, twice the storage, 50% larger battery and a SOC 4 generations later than the Nokia. Yeah, battery usage is higher on the Sony but with the larger battery I still go the same amount of hours between charges.

Music sound MUCH better on the Sony and I like that I can use my wired headphones with its headphone jack in case I forgot to charge my Bluetooth headphones.

The Sony, like the Nokia 9 have complex camera systems and I have not yet had a chance to really do much with the Sony camera features other than to make sure they actually work. Hope this provides some of the feedback you were looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12