Am surprised no one talks about it in this forum. I think it is more improved over 1 ii than 1 iii
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-27-2022 01:05 AM
    It's a Sony phone... Sony phones are like KIA cars. Sure, they may have a lot of great features and be excellent in almost every way... But they're about as interesting as a pile of potatoes.

Was my car analogy accurate? Did I do one?
    05-27-2022 07:25 AM
    I'd say today's lineup of Kia cars is actually really interesting -- like the Stinger, the EV6, and the Telluride. I'd say it has to do more with Sony's lack of effective marketing, at least in the US. It's always been this way, for whatever reason.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-27-2022 11:58 AM
    My suspicion is that Sony phones don't have much discussion here because the majority of posters are from North America. I'm not sure about Canada and Mexico, but Sony phones aren't very popular in the USA. Sony might be more popular in Africa, Asia and Europe.
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    05-27-2022 08:17 PM
    My suspicion is that Sony phones don't have much discussion here because the majority of posters are from North America. I'm not sure about Canada and Mexico, but Sony phones aren't very popular in the USA. Sony might be more popular in Africa, Asia and Europe.
    They were pretty popular here in the UK a few years ago, but nobody buys them anymore.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-27-2022 08:23 PM
    I personally LOVE Sony devices! But I agree with B. Diddy about the marketing. It truly is a shame, as Sony does make superior products.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-27-2022 10:19 PM
    I have ordered one. Love my 1 III and the next will be even better.
    Laura Knotek and Morty2264 like this.
    05-31-2022 04:00 AM
    Your pictures are already great with 1 iii. I will look forward to your posts with 1 iv. Some of them are my wallpapers.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-31-2022 08:32 PM
    I like their TV
    Laura Knotek and gendo667 like this.
    05-31-2022 09:00 PM
    Your pictures are already great with 1 iii. I will look forward to your posts with 1 iv. Some of them are my wallpapers.
    Tx, very kind of you
    06-01-2022 03:48 AM
    Keep us posted on how it performs! I'd love to have a Sony phone!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-02-2022 11:22 AM
    The issue with Sony phones in the US is that none of the major carrier have them in their lineup. I would love to try it.
    06-13-2022 05:15 PM
    I think it also has a lot to do with Carrier disinterest here in the states. Carriers don't offer them so most don't even know they exist here. Apple and Samsung are the flagships here. One Plus, Moto, Sony, etc. are but asteroids to Apple and Samsung's Sun.
    06-13-2022 07:37 PM
    I think it also has a lot to do with Carrier disinterest here in the states. Carriers don't offer them so most don't even know ow they exist here. Apple and Samsung are the flagships here. One Plus, Moto, Sony, etc. are but asteroids to Apple and Samsung's Sun.
    I know it is possible to buy an unlocked phone from Sony. However, in the past those did not work on Verizon. That may be different now, but I just don't want to take a chance of buying a phone only to have to send it back if I can't use it. If I buy an unlocked Samsung, I know that it will work.
    mustang7757, J Dubbs and tadpoles like this.
    06-14-2022 12:47 AM
    I know it is possible to buy an unlocked phone from Sony. However, in the past those did not work on Verizon. That may be different now, but I just don't want to take a chance of buying a phone only to have to send it back if I can't use it. If I buy an unlocked Samsung, I know that it will work.
    You may be right. Many phones are GSM only (AT&T, T-Mobile) while Verizon has a CDMA network. Some phones like the S22 and iPhones support both GSM and CDMA.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-14-2022 03:45 PM
    They had a relatively decent fan base here in South Africa, but they pulled out of here about 2 years ago which is such a shame, the 1 III, 5 III, Pro-I, 10 IV and 1 IV seem like great devices.

Our market is heavily dominated by Samsung (nearly 50% market share), Huawei (yes, they are still big here, sitting at #2 in market share), Apple, Xiaomi, Nokia and Oppo. Sony simply couldn’t compete on pricing I believe.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-02-2022 07:31 PM
    I think it also has a lot to do with Carrier disinterest here in the states. Carriers don't offer them so most don't even know ow they exist here. Apple and Samsung are the flagships here. One Plus, Moto, Sony, etc. are but asteroids to Apple and Samsung's Sun.
    That's a very apt way to put that sad reality. It is the same here in Canada.
    Laura Knotek and tadpoles like this.
    07-16-2022 10:44 PM