Now available for pre order uk

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
You can now pre order this phone from carphonewarehouse and get free Sony headphones too.

Same deal with O2. Although the O2 deal works out only paying £630 for the phone (on their tariffs where they split phone cost and tariff cost).

I'm waiting for the OnePlus 7 pro to be honest but this has got to be worth considering.

Problem is there's still no reviews out for it yet! Very frustrating!

Pre order now for 30th May delivery.
Very tempted.

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I've pre-ordered the purple variant from O2. I'm looking forward to the foc headphones more than the phone itself lol!

Yeah, that's tempting me bug time!

I think I'm going to end up with one plus 7 pro though.

I do wish there were some reviews of the Xperia 1 to get a better idea of it.

It was a pretty poor launch, announced 2 months ago and finally available for pre-order but no reviews out to make a call on ordering it or not!

eastroar

Mar 11, 2019
Visit site
Why not get the Xperia 1 with headphones, and then sell the phone and get the OnePlus 7?

Honestly, the headphones are immense. They are by far the best of their kind and worth every penny at full price.

eastroar

Mar 11, 2019
Visit site
I saw a dummy handset today in carphone warehouse. It was tethered so couldn't hold it properly.

A few thoughts...

It's tall, although it's going to be easy to hold with one hand.

Lovely materials.

Small bezels

Three camera layout on rear looks smart.

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I saw a dummy handset today in carphone warehouse. It was tethered so couldn't hold it properly.

A few thoughts...

It's tall, although it's going to be easy to hold with one hand.

Lovely materials.

Small bezels

Three camera layout on rear looks smart.

Thanks, that's good to know.

I've looked at dimensions and it does seem damn tall. But at least it's not also too wide.

I imagine the screen will be amazing, was the phone working? How did the screen look?

I'm still waiting for some proper reviews so I can make a decision on this or OnePlus 7 pro. Although the 90hz screen on one plus is tempting me.

Although the price on O2 on this plus the headphones is a great deal.

What to do....?

eastroar

Mar 11, 2019
Visit site
Yeah I found it reassuring.

Screen I think we'll be very nice...Remember, it's 4k HDR oled- in theory it should be the best looking display on the market...

I had a razer phone a while back and the 120hz refresh rate was nice, but a faster refresh rate wasn't anywhere near the deal-breaker I thought it would be.

Also, with what's happening to Huawei, I wouldn't buy a device from OnePlus, just in case things go south for them. At least the long established manufacturers will be on the right side of things.

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Xperia 1 demo unit in store now. Tried it and was imediately impressed, ordering one in black (comes with the 1000xm3) . Fantastic screen(best I've seen) and very palmfriendly phone. 21:9 not as a bad as i feared. Camera gave great first impression, really quick shooter

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Why not get the Xperia 1 with headphones, and then sell the phone and get the OnePlus 7?

Honestly, the headphones are immense. They are by far the best of their kind and worth every penny at full price.

That's a great idea!
Slight problem I have is I own a Huawei mate 20 pro! I was going to sell it to a friend at work who now doesn't want it (can't blame her). If I can sell it then I might go for it....
Will have to sell quick though not to miss the headphones deal!

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
See what you can get for it at Cex?

Yeah, could be worth a try thanks.

I've spoken to O2 and I can get an additional line so I can order the Xperia 1 on a cheap tariff (to make sure I get the deal with the headphones) and then when I sell the mate 20 pro I can pay that off.

I've not owned a sony before. Does anyone have any experience how they age? Do they become laggy at all?

And what do you guys think the battery on the Xperia 1 is going to cope with the 4k screen??

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Contract? SIM free?

With O2 on their 'refresh' contract. So it is a contract but you can pay the phone off at any time. The phone costs £630 on a contract with o2 and comes with a pair of the Sony 1000 xm3s. Job done.
Still waiting nervously for some reviews this week though!

eastroar

Mar 11, 2019
Visit site
That's exactly what I've done. £630 is a very good price and with the Sony headphones it's a steal.

Give the headphones some use before you decide to keep our sell as they're absolutely brilliant.

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
That's exactly what I've done. £630 is a very good price and with the Sony headphones it's a steal.

Give the headphones some use before you decide to keep our sell as they're absolutely brilliant.

Yeah, I'm very excited about the phone AND the headphones!

I popped into O2 this morning and had a look at the phone and it did look very good. Roll on tomorrow!

eastroar

Mar 11, 2019
Visit site
Yeah, I'm very excited about the phone AND the headphones!

I popped into O2 this morning and had a look at the phone and it did look very good. Roll on tomorrow!

Yeah does look good doesn't it!

I'm going into the local store to collect probably at lunchtime.

I've already got a case ready!

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah does look good doesn't it!

I'm going into the local store to collect probably at lunchtime.

I've already got a case ready!

Did you get an email from O2 or a text message? I'm still waiting for a message! It's about now I start getting paranoid that my order has gone wrong or something!

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Did you get an email from O2 or a text message? I'm still waiting for a message! It's about now I start getting paranoid that my order has gone wrong or something!

And just as I post that I get an email from O2 saying it's available to pick up! I've got to wait till later this afternoon though!

Look forward to hearing some of your feedback later!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084