Preview YouTube videos stuck on lockscreen. (Sony Xperia M2)

Apr 8, 2021
Visit site
Hello, I would like to ask to anyone if she/he have ever had my same problem: with my Sony Xperia M2, while it was playing a video on Youtube, the preview of it stuck on my lockscreen. Is it normal?
Why and how possibly happened?

P.S.: It happened in 2017 but my curiosity still led me to asking myself about it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You've completely exited from YouTube? Do you still see a YouTube playback notification at the top of the screen after unlocking?

Apr 8, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for your welcome.

Regrettably, I don't remember exactly, but I assume that I didn't exit from YouTube, i.e. the video on YouTube wasn't finished yet/was still selected.

I'm not sure 100%, but it's probable.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, next time this happens, see if there's a playback notification. For me, when I exit YouTube, I usually still see a playback notification that allows me to easily resume viewing the video, and as long as that's there, it'll probably also show in the lockscreen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nope, Pixel 3 XL (I suspect you won't find too many people with that specific Sony phone on the forums). Are you saying that the lockscreen image (i.e., the entire wallpaper) becomes the YouTube preview image? Or are you saying that you see YouTube as a lockscreen notification. When I test it on my phone, the lockscreen wallpaper doesn't change, but I do see the lockscreen playback notification for YouTube with that video I just watched.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What Android version is the phone running? Lollipop? I probably don't have any devices running a version that old to test ...