Will Sony Xperia M4 Aqua be updated to Android 5.1?

Dato Alavidze

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Yea that sucks but I'm not from US and where I am from here are only Unlocked (will go on any carrier) SIM Free phones so in my country there are 4GB free on M4 Aqua.

sum1butno1

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Canada here, What's up with everyone on about 8gb storage, everywhere I see an article instead of someone complaining it's listed as 16 with expandable memory.
Plus, I'm planning to nab it unlocked but does carrier bloatware really take up that much extra storage?! That seems overstated, no?

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Just placed an order my M4 Aqua should be here next week from provider and it's the 16gb version for 300$ plus tax I'm with Fido so after using my Fido saved dollars total cost with tax 267$
Will keep u posted on how it works and it's going to be a little jump down from my Note 4 that I find bit big to have as DD.

Minikemon

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I don't think it will. But it is confirmed that it will be able to update to 6.0 once it is out for Sony devices.

Posted via the Android Central App

King Yash

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
No of course. The m4 aqua will skip the softwares between 5.0 and 6.0 means that it will be directly be updated to 6.0 marchmallow. In fact all sony phones got the marshmallow update on the 8 March. Now just waiting the software will be available in my country

Posted via the Android Central App

Daniel Marrs-Gant

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Sony says "The only way to find out if there is an available Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) update for your Xperia™ M4 Aqua or Xperia™ M4 Aqua Dual is to connect your device to a computer running the Xperia™ Companion application.

There will be no notification in your Xperia™ device announcing the Android 6.0 update. Nor will there be an indication in the Software update app under Settings > About phone > Software update that an Android 6.0 update is available.

Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to avail of the updates for specific models."

Mine has 6.0, there was no notification and even when I checked or an update in settings it didn't come up. You have to connect it to a computer with the Xperia Companion on it