Youtube App not playing videos, nor videos on Facebook app?

A

AC Question

Youtube App not playing videos, nor videos on facebook aap palying.

I recently purchased Sony Xperia M4 Dual Aqua phone, it has android version 5.0, everything was fine until few days back i played a video in Youtube app, but the video dident start and a message appeared " There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry, the app is opening, i can search videos on it even read comments below videos, its just that no video will play on the app, then i noticed that even the videos being shared on facebook are not palying, i tried updating the aap but its downloading the aap but as soon as its start installing the aap a message appears "Youtube cannot be installed. try again (error code- 501)". I cannot uninstall and reinstall the aap as it was factory installed aap and thus cannot be installed. Videos are playing fine on twitter. If i open youtube website from chrome aap all videos are running fine then just on the aap no videos are getting played nor is this aap getting updated. Also every time i switch off the mobile and swith on it i get automatically logged out of facebook aap and soundcloud aap, i have to login again into these aaps, Should i reset to factory settings. please help atlest for the Videos not playing problem. thanks in advance friends.

CPEjr

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Youtube App not playing videos, nor videos on facebook aap palying.

Not sure if you got the problem solved or not at this point. I had the same issue with mine, and I just did a factory reset on mine. After that, I signed in with my Google account, then disabled/deleted any bloat I won't use. I then went to check YouTube and it was working.

I didn't have to change anything on my device, but you may want to Google search which APN settings you need for your device on the network you're using. See if that helps. I am on ATT with LTE and so far everything is working great. Hope you get things working soon.

Posted via the Android Central App

King Yash

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site

I got this problem when i am fast forwarding a video. Any help will be welcomed please

Posted via the Android Central App

TJBox

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I've had the same problem as above. Videos will stop being playable seemingly without my doing anything on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter (weirdly not Instagram). They play on the YouTube website in Chrome, and videos saved on my phone play but are very stuttery. This is fixed (temporarily) by a phone reboot. Given that this happens to multiple apps, I guess it's a problem with the video playback 'software' they all use. Anyone have any thoughts?

boo Jay

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this still hasn't been resolved yet despite so many numerous reports. I've tried wiping, clearing cache/data, uninstalling/reinstalling, even factory resetting, but none of this fixes the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463