Why can't my settings open?

Ed-Emmanuel

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
I use a sony xperia m4 aqua and for some time now my settings app has refused to open, I've tried doing a factory reset but the problem still continues. it flashes open for a split second but that's about it. How can I solve this issue?

ad astrae

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved from the Android Apps forum to the M4 Aqua forum.

Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/td-p/348008
Hi I have the same problem with my Xperia M4 Aqua, I also can't open messaging apps eg. Messaging, Contacts, Phone and Whatsapp most of the time. This didn't go away after a system reboot. I booted into Safe Mode and the "Settings" app was replaced with a weird name (like an actual file name) and a blue circuit board-style icon. It was completely unopenable, but I could operate the Messaging apps.
I've had this phone for two years and four months, I think. I used to have the same problem with external media-heavy apps like Youtube, Instagram and Discord, but it all stopped after I rebooted the system - this hasn't.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza