Sony Xperia Series - Viber is not working

tutituti123

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Viber is not working

Hi, I have issues on Samsung Galaxy s3 mini. I had downloaded viber and it worked perfectly. Later I had issues with my phone and I had to uninstall all the apps. Now I want to download Viber again. I download it perfectly but when I try to set it up, it suddenly stops and the message appears: Unfortunately, viber has stopped. Could you help me with solving this problem? Thank you in advance.

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi, I have issues on Samsung Galaxy s3 mini. I had downloaded viber and it worked perfectly. Later I had issues with my phone and I had to uninstall all the apps. Now I want to download Viber again. I download it perfectly but when I try to set it up, it suddenly stops and the message appears: Unfortunately, viber has stopped. Could you help me with solving this problem? Thank you in advance.

Hi,

We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

ntfc2

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

I have a problem with messages. I message a friend in the US. At times it all works find and we can have a real time text chat. At other times the messages lag. So you could send a message and it shows 'sending' or 'sent' for ages but not 'delivered'. This is happening at both ends which makes me think the problem lies with viber. Last night it took 20 mins for a msg to be delivered. If it just said sent but by their replies I knew it had been received I wouldn't be bothered. But that's not the case.

It happens both over the mobile network and broadband. It is getting so bad we are considering moving to another app. We don't want to as we like viber but I hope you see our problem and have a solution. Or does viber just get overloaded at times and this is a symptom?

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@ntfc2 -

Please make sure that this is not a network related issue, by switching (both you and your contact) between a few different high-speed WiFi networks. Check if the problem occurs when testing Viber on all of them.

About our Support Site - it is currently temporarily down. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience, and we hope to bring it back up as soon as possible.

ntfc2

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for your reply.

So is this likely to be a network issue rather than viber just being overloaded or clunky at certain times of day? My last message, sent over a mobile network (3 in the UK) with the H+ icon displayed, took 7 minutes to show as "delivered".

Last edited:

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for your reply.

So is this likely to be a network issue rather than viber just being overloaded or clunky at certain times of day? My last message, sent over a mobile network (3 in the UK) with the H+ icon displayed, took 7 minutes to show as "delivered".

Bad network is a POSSIBLE cause for the problem.
As we said, in order to determine if this is the case, a test on a few different WiFi networks is important. Remember that also the destination contact's network is "responsible" for whether or not the message is delivered to them or not.

ntfc2

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. It turns out that my friend thought they were connected via wi-fi but they weren't. I talked them through setting it up and bingo. We went from loads of delays in send/receive whilst I was explaining what to do, to almost instantaneous send/receive after the wi-fi was enabled.

So it looks like the problem has been resolved. Thankyou for steering me in the direction of the solution :)

Dinesh Anand

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

hello

i have recently bought Note 2 and sold out my S2 .. but some how i forgot to delete my viber from S2 ..My viber is working properly on my new Note 2 with my phone number. Is it possible for the person who bought my S2 to receive my messages on Viber as well parallely or not if he hasn't reset my S2 till now kindly help

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

hello

i have recently bought Note 2 and sold out my S2 .. but some how i forgot to delete my viber from S2 ..My viber is working properly on my new Note 2 with my phone number. Is it possible for the person who bought my S2 to receive my messages on Viber as well parallely or not if he hasn't reset my S2 till now kindly help

If your new device has the same phone number as your old device (in other words, if you registered to Viber in your new Note 2 with the same phone number as your old S2), then the old account (on the S2) was immediately deactivated, and that person will not be able to access your Viber account at all.

pepe1302

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

Same problem here am using sfr startrail android phone, up to two days ago no problems then blocking and black screen with message "application not responding"
deleted viber and reinstalled latest version nows will not send activation code, or call with code! says does not recognize my number??? so can not complete installation help please????

pepe1302

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

same problem black screen etc ,so uninstalled and downloaded latest version , i get to the activation code and get no sms and no call, just get the message viber does not recognize my number help please ????

Justin Cleto

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

Can you help me to use viber ?? because i always reboot and uninstall/ install viber, and then when i open viber it always force close or black screen on my motorola milestone XT720.

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@pepe1302 -

Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options).

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

@Justin Cleto -

We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

zid81

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

Hi i am with tmobile uk..iv installed viber on my phone htc wildfire s..but ir works via wifi bt not on through mobile network..my freind has same mobile network as me bt her viber is working fine..iv reinstalled viber bt i just cant access without wifi..can sum1 pls help as i use viber alot thanx

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi i am with tmobile uk..iv installed viber on my phone htc wildfire s..but ir works via wifi bt not on through mobile network..my freind has same mobile network as me bt her viber is working fine..iv reinstalled viber bt i just cant access without wifi..can sum1 pls help as i use viber alot thanx

Some mobile operators across the world block Viber on their 3G network. Usually this happens when users have a "simple" data plan (or a prepaid contract), meaning they didn't pay extra for using VoIP on their 3G network. Specifically, we have received numerous such reports from T-Mobile UK users so far.

In order to verify this, we recommend to contact your cell company and confirm this with them.

wanos88

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

I got trouble with viber on my htc one x since im running custom ROM cyanogenmod 10.1.2 jelly bean 4.2.2 when i answer calls or when somebody else answers my call the screen turns black and call stops texting works goodits just the calling issue ive tried uninstall&reinstall but nothing could you please help me

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

I got trouble with viber on my htc one x since im running custom ROM cyanogenmod 10.1.2 jelly bean 4.2.2 when i answer calls or when somebody else answers my call the screen turns black and call stops texting works goodits just the calling issue ive tried uninstall&reinstall but nothing could you please help me

Thank you for the report of the problem.

* Make sure to specify the fact that you are using a Custom ROM in your ticket.

Arianit Behluli

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

why viber doesn't work at my samsung galaxy ace i have 3 samsung's i cant download it at one shows me isn't avaliable at your country kosovo.

OlaBen

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

Dear Viber,

I have the same problem, and I have already raised a tech ticket.

Ticket ID: UPS-320-17978
Subject: Can't get code activation

it's 2 days without any responce.

I have just reset my phone and so reinstall all my app but unfortunately can't get the code by sms or by phone.
I think it's because i have already installed viber once but i didn't save the code like a stupid...

I have tried to desinstal , reinstall the app after 24h. tried the code by sms, tried the code by phone don't have any reply.

Could you give me my send me my code again?

I have reinstalleted Viber on the same phone after reset it.Rom Samsung galaxy s4 official. i'm living in uk with "Three'" as phone network.

or

Could you desactive or erase my profil like that i can activate it again. i really don't know what to do to solve the problem, i think i have tried everything.

Regards,

Ben

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance