Sony Xperia Series - Viber is not working

reha78

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Viber is not working

Since last updated (version 3.1.1.15), viber is not working on my android phone. When I try to open viber app, it does not open and this message pops up: process (com.viber.voip) has stopped working and sometimes only black screen stays for long until I close it. I restarted my phone as well as re-installed viber several time. When I re-install, first it works fine but as soon as I receive any message or try to send a message, it crashes and then doesn't open again.

cudber

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Hi i have problem with my viber, if im calling I could hear the voice on the other line. but they cant hear mine, I have samsung Dual Core,

vladozaurus

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I solved the problem!!! On my huaweii u8650 with a custom ROM (CyanogenMOD 7.1 by benru89) it didn' work even if i downloaded the lates version from playstore, I thought the problem is my custiom rom but it isn't. I moved Viber to my SD card and it worked!!! I hope this is helpful for you guys!

Claudiu Gheorghe

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Same issue with my S4, if i restart the phone it works once, i shutdown the application and start it back up but i only get a black screen i wait about 2 min and it says that Viber is not responding would you like to close the app. I have done this several times and it never fails, well the app does. Don't get me wrong i love the app, works great when it does.

I have just got a Samsung s4 and it is doing the same, loads up and then screen goes black and a message stating viber has stopped.
I had it on my old phone.....Samsung ace and it worked fine, and my number has not changed. HELP

LaVaPeARL

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

Well I have a samsung galaxy young and just two days ago Viber worked great and then one time i sent a message , the other time it said viber is not responding and blocked for a time and that the message is not sent and i have no idea why 'coz it happened suddenly , so what exactly should i do in order it get it back working properly and also not lose any of my chat history ????

Clasher_RS

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

Hello Viber, I have a huge probs with VIBER; I am using HTC vivid cell phone. but while i make voice call through Viber phone will be bricked/Freez, and nothings key will be works except Home button due to black screen [If I place any call; phone's screen turned black/blank] . phone calls can be connect but i can not break call, if i want to break call i must RESTART or SWITCH OFF my device but after call ended phone works fine/normal as usual.
I have been tried Viber on Unrooted Phone, Then Rooted phone with Stock ROM, Then with rooted Custom ROM. but nothings can helped me :':)'(
Currently using viber version 3.1.1.15
"Phone OS Version: 4.0.3 (ICS)
Kernel Version: 3.0.28"
I can normally able to chat/message....

V/r,
Clasher

Clasher_RS

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

Hello Viber, I have a huge probs with VIBER; I am using HTC vivid cell phone. but while i make voice call through Viber phone will be bricked/Freez, and nothings key will be works except Home button due to black screen [If I place any call; phone's screen turned black/blank] . phone calls can be connect but i can not break call, if i want to break call i must RESTART or SWITCH OFF my device but after call ended phone works fine/normal as usual.
I have been tried Viber on Unrooted Phone, Then Rooted phone with Stock ROM, Then with rooted Custom ROM. but nothings can helped me :(
Currently using viber version 3.1.1.15
"Phone OS Version: 4.0.3 (ICS)
Kernel Version: 3.0.28"
I can normally able to chat/message....

V/r,
Clasher

Fatima Khan1

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Hi,
I am a frequent Viber user, but just two days back my Viber has stopped working. When ever I make a call I can hear the other person speaking but they can't hear me. I am using Samsung Galaxy Ace and have already re-installed viber a couple of times but the same problem persists. Please help

sujeshn

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

Hello,
Am using a Samsung Galaxy Y Duos (GT-S6102, dual SIM) over a Vodafone 3G network in India.
I've downloaded Viber and registered using SIM#1. However, when I try to "Update Contacts", I get an error message "No Internet connection. Check your connection and try again."

I've checked the internet connection and its working fine when I'm connected to Whatsapp using SIM#2.

My SIM#2 is used for the data service. I've tried swapping the numbers, but still get the same error.

Does Viber not work on Dual SIMs or is there some other issue?

Pls advise.

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

Hi plz need your quick support as I have a new samsung core duos mobile phone & the only problem I have is Viber as I can hear but the other party does not hear me. Already changed motherboard at samsung but in vain. No other problems exist but this. Please reply as the problem is rally annoying. Thank you.

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi plz need your quick support as I have a new samsung core duos mobile phone & the only problem I have is Viber as I can hear but the other party does not hear me. Already changed motherboard at samsung but in vain. No other problems exist but this. Please reply as the problem is rally annoying. Thank you.

Thank you for the report of the problem.

we would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details

When you submit the ticket, in the line called: "Through which channel did you submit your initial inquiry", please make sure to choose "Technical Forum".

Thanks in advance!

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling viber onmy htc wildfire s but is still wont work, could you please help me :):-\

Hi,
Thanks for the report of the problem.

Please try to provide more details: what exactly doesn't work? Are you seeing any specific error message?

Thank you in advance!

The Churtle

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi I've got a sony xperia L I put viber on my phone but never used it, a couple days ago it just started crashing over and over and over. wasn't even in it. Every time it crashes I get a message saying it's stopped working and I'm asked to send an error report. I can't even read the report before it crashes again. In an effort to get out of it I tried deleting the file in my phones memory but it still keeps crashing. Finally managed to delete it so I'm good now.

Last edited:

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi I've got a sony xperia L I put viber on my phone but never used it, a couple days ago it just started crashing over and over and over. wasn't even in it. Every time it crashes I get a message saying it's stopped working and I'm asked to send an error report. I can't even read the report before it crashes again. In an effort to get out of it I tried deleting the file in my phones memory but it still keeps crashing. Finally managed to delete it so I'm good now.

Hi,

Have you tried upgrading to the latest version of Viber? It might help with the crashing issues.
If the problem occurs on the latest version as well, please let us know and we will assist.

chandrakanth

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

Please share me link for this intel version coz i do have the same problem for my lenovo A600e dual sim phone . Android version 4.0.4

khaalbro

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

Hi there,
This is Viber's rep, I'm here to help.

@baneful00 - Please try to uninstall>reinstall and make sure you have the latest version of Viber : 2.3.5

Let us know if the issue persists.
Thanks,
Viber Team

Hi
I am trying to install viber on my galaxy tab 3.
The download and installation successfully happens.
Post installation when I enter the number for sms verification, viber shows a message saying a new version is required and needs to be installed.
I have tried un installing and re installation several times to no luck.
Android version is 4.1.2 and the rom is a a standard rom.
Please revert back as soon as possible

Posted via Android Central App

Umair Rafiq

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello!! I have recently purchases sony Xperial L . Initially viber worked properly but now i cant make /receive any call. Everytime the called party tries to pick my call ,i get a called failed notice and when i pick the call same thing happens.

Please help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol