Sony "Honami" should I, or...

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone

Just a quick question, I've been following this phone for a bit as I'm very interested in picking it up on release. I currently own a SG3. I was waiting for the Note 3 'till I came across leaks from the "Honami".

Love the specs, the screen size is just right (note 3 is a little too much for me) but I'm seeing the new norm for upcoming flagships are 3gb of RAM.
The Honami will come with 2. For most this is a ridiculous issue but for me which I'm on my phone 24/7 doing everything you can think of, I need that power. Both will have Snapdragon 800 CPU...

I'm also looking into the LG G2 and the Moto X(which specs seem mediocre, but from rumors, software is where it will shine), also 2 GB or RAM and snapdragon 800's.

What do you guys recommend I do? Wait, or from 3gb of ram to 2, there won't be a much difference yet to worry about any performance issues?

Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710

chrispphunt

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Personally I think 2Gb is plenty for the current android and apps and it would be a silly reason to avoid the phone imo.
If anything there is still plenty of headroom with 2Gb which is why it's not really an issue.
I also think Sony is very good at optimizing android especially for its flagships.
Performance should be very impressive- it's already very good on my xperia z!

Sent from my C6603 using AC Forums mobile app

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone

Just a quick question, I've been following this phone for a bit as I'm very interested in picking it up on release. I currently own a SG3. I was waiting for the Note 3 'till I came across leaks from the "Honami".

Love the specs, the screen size is just right (note 3 is a little too much for me) but I'm seeing the new norm for upcoming flagships are 3gb of RAM.
The Honami will come with 2. For most this is a ridiculous issue but for me which I'm on my phone 24/7 doing everything you can think of, I need that power. Both will have Snapdragon 800 CPU...

I'm also looking into the LG G2 and the Moto X(which specs seem mediocre, but from rumors, software is where it will shine), also 2 GB or RAM and snapdragon 800's.

What do you guys recommend I do? Wait, or from 3gb of ram to 2, there won't be a much difference yet to worry about any performance issues?

Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710

3 gigs of ram on a phone is a waste. Especially for one that runs a skin as lightweight as Sony's. The only reason the note three might have more is because touchwiz sucks and is a total resource hog.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2