Hi,

My wife has a Sony Xperia C3 Dual and she loves putting her apps in folders, being a Apple fan.
    She soon ran out of space and started installing the apps on her SD card. Now whenever the phone powers up from either a restart or battery flat, her app icons are no longer in folders.

She has to go and add them again. I am looking at moving from Windows to Android but if this issue isn't solved, I don't think I want to change

Is there a solution? Most forums I read were for Android 2.2 but she is running Android 4.4.2

Thank you
    03-31-2015 07:05 AM
    Hi,

My wife has a Sony Xperia C3 Dual and she loves putting her apps in folders, being a Apple fan.
    She soon ran out of space and started installing the apps on her SD card. Now whenever the phone powers up from either a restart or battery flat, her app icons are no longer in folders.

She has to go and add them again. I am looking at moving from Windows to Android but if this issue isn't solved, I don't think I want to change

Is there a solution? Most forums I read were for Android 2.2 but she is running Android 4.4.2

Thank you
    So what happens when the apps are removed from the SD card after a reboot? Do the apps disappear or uninstall? If you are out of space on the device I can't see the apps being transferred back to the phone since there is no room available.

I would suggest clearing out any unused apps (if any) and dong some clean-up of the photos being stored internally. You'll be surprised how much memory is consumed taking photos and a few videos. There are a lot of resources to store/backup photos automatically to services such as Google Drive (Photos). Although these are only workarounds to your issue, I am not sure that there is a permanent fix to keeping the apps on the SD card and keep them from being removed upon every reboot.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-31-2015 10:29 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you say that she is installing apps to SD, do you mean she's installing the apps, then tapping "Move to SD" in the Settings>Apps menu? Or is the phone rooted and she's using some actual app to move the app to SD?

Do the shortcuts disappear, or do they change into generic Android symbols?

Does your wife actually use all of these apps? Many people install apps that they think they'll need but never use. Tell her to uninstall apps she never uses.
    03-31-2015 11:33 AM
    Hi and thanks for the welcome.
    Yes, She installed the apps and then tapping "Move to SD" option.
    Nothing disappears, just the folders she created on her home screen(s)

Yes, she uses all these apps strangely enough.
    As an iPad user, I have also come accustom to placing all my apps in folders.

I will ask her to take screen shots of before and after a reboot/restart if you want?
    Thank you again
    04-01-2015 03:24 AM
    Same here on my c3 single sim. I didnt find the way how to keep all apps or folder we just created even we shutdown or restart the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-25-2015 05:59 AM