It's been stuck on 6 for week. Haven't heard back from FB. Uninstalled FB updates. Even disabled it in Xperia Ion LTEi28 settings. Rebooted each time. Ran "Cleanmaster" from Cheetah Mobile to clean all junk. Stayed showing 6 with oldest and later newly updated FB versions. In FB it works. Ideas anyone. ??
    07-21-2015 02:12 AM
    If you don't mind setting your homescreens back up again, go to Settings>Apps>All select Launcher or Home (or something similar--not sure what the Xperia launcher is called), and Clear Cache/Clear Data. This will wipe your homescreens clean--you'll have to set them back up again. But it should clear out that stuck unread badge.
    Cam Leviticus Gb likes this.
    07-21-2015 03:17 AM
    Thx. Not sure I want to do that because it is that way also in the program menu of apps behind under the multiple desktops. Where the FB icon disappeared after disabling but came back with the 6 after enabling again as well as updating again.
    07-22-2015 08:12 AM
    Not sure I want to do that because it is that way also in the program menu of apps behind under the multiple desktops
    Sorry, I don't quite understand this. Can you rephrase it?
    07-22-2015 07:51 PM
    In every desktop bottom middle is a 16 square square that acts like pc-Windows program menu, showing all downloaded and default apps installed. That one vanished when I uninstalled FB. Cleaned memory with Cheetahs Mobile Cleanmaster, rebooted, cleaned again, rebooted, reinstalled factory FB. Note number still there in more recent prog menu FB icon. Still there after updating FB. Seems clearing settings-apps-all-Xperia Home cache and data will not only lose all desktop icons, but prog menu too, as well as may not clear issue. There are many Sony-Ericson.com entries in that all list which I should look at for FB reference.
    07-22-2015 08:45 PM
    That button is called the App Drawer button. I'm not sure why that button itself would have disappeared if you uninstalled Facebook--that button should never really disappear. Did the Favorites Tray (the row of app shortcuts at the bottom that remains the same even if you swipe to a different homescreen, and which also contains the App Drawer button) also disappear?

Keep in mind that what appears in the App Drawer is also part of the launcher, so if it the unread notification badge seems to be stuck on a certain number, then clearing the cache/data from the launcher could still work.

One more thing--be careful with CleanMaster. Their claims of speeding up your phone are questionable, because the techniques that apps like this often use are often counterproductive, if you consider how Android works. They tend to be associated with annoying adware as well.
    07-23-2015 04:30 PM
    The FT and ADB were unaffected. The AD preinstalled FB icon on page 1 or 2 of 7 AD pages always showed changing notifications # as did copy on 1 of 7 homescreens. I had hoped it would reset after uninstall-reinstall of FB. Settings-apps-all only allows uninstalling FB updates and disabling original factory installed FB. That's when both FB start icons vanished.
    I hoped it would reset when I re-enabled. I had cleared FB cache and data before disabling. When enabled I had to enter email and pass. This original FB version returned on AD page 7 of 7 with stuck 6 #. Updating it was same.
    I would like to be able to back up restore selectable AD and home screens links. Is there app for this. ??
    I noticed in AD factory "Backup/Restore". It opens but gives unable error after selecting what to backup and trying all possible passwords. Phone is recently owned after 3 yr Cell use to own contract with Thunder BayMobility. Might they have entered pass here . ??
    Thx much for your time and help attempt.

:-) :-)
    07-23-2015 07:36 PM
    Update : I remembered an old password and was able to reset bbackup in settings-developer options-backup.
    But I still get error unable from AD backup restore when it tries.
    07-23-2015 08:24 PM
    Update : I cleared backup password in settings-developer options-backup pass. Entering set pass tapping both New pass boxs but left blank and saved.
    The app draw backup-restore then worked with entry of a pass needed for restore later.
    Oddly, in it's list of selectable pre-installed as well as downloaded, no where is FB showing.
    Strange... I can't unselect FB from restore AD and home screens since it won't show. :-S :-o
    Makes me wonder if I clear Xperia Home, restore desktops, will same prob restore also. ??
    07-23-2015 09:01 PM
    Sorry, it's a bit hard for me to follow that. Regardless, I think it's still worth clearing the cache and data from the launcher. It really doesn't take too long to set it all up again--just make a note of how it's set up now, then clear the launcher's cache/data, and then set it up again using your notes.
    07-24-2015 01:02 AM
    Update : I used other camera to record all icons then tried your suggestion. Yes it cleared the notification #6 from FB icon. :-) But it no longer shows such #. No biggy since I have it doing that in upper cell notification bar. Desktops were wiped. App drawer stayed same. Restore did not restore desktops. Was able to rebuild them except many net address browser bookmarks. Can do that again from browser. I should have searched for app to backup selectively all but FB desktops shortcuts.
    07-25-2015 12:41 AM
    I'm glad it sort of worked. I can't explain why the Facebook icon is no longer showing unread notification counts, though. Perhaps some recent update to Facebook is causing it to have problems communicating with the Xperia launcher.
    07-25-2015 03:55 AM