Sony Xperia TL - Opinions?

ibbyj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one using this device? haha

I have been using the Lumia 920 as my primary device for a few weeks now, and reall enjoy it. But, I missed all of my Android applications.

I exchanged my 920 for the SXTL. So far I am pretty happy with it. I wouldn't say there is really anything that really sticks it out from the crowd, other than it's 13mp shooter. -Still nothing compared to the 920's camera. Performance is snappy. Zero lag.

Battery life has been absolutely horrid, but I am coming to terms with the face that unless I get a "maxx".. I'll probably always be charging twice a day if I am using android.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by "horrid"? I passed on the ION because I had hoped the S4 processor in the TL would enable much better battery life,especially on LTE. What are you getting so far?

ibbyj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been using it since Monday. So I have been able to do full cycles. I am already halfway through my second charge of the day.

osirhc

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I traded in my ion for the TL because battery life is a big thing for me and the ion, despite being a great phone overall, had rather depressing battery life.

The TL is much better than the ion in my opinion, and I give credit to the S4 processor in the TL mostly for the boost in juice. I can usually squeeze out 8-10 hours on my TL with "normal" use. However, I use a lot of data, and being one of the few on AT&T that still has their unlimited data offer, I use it to the fullest extent (I average 5GBs a month now with LTE =]) and heavy 4G certainly kills the battery much faster. I have found that the phone lasts me until I can get home. I sometimes do need to charge it when at home for the evening hours, but I also realize that most people aren't up until 5am like I am most nights. At least I am able to make it home before my battery dies so I don't have to bring my charger with me all the time and be constantly tethered to a wall - which is how I felt with the ion - and I'm not all about my phone dying halfway through my day.

Overall I'd say the TL battery life is "average" I would give it a 7/10 for battery which is about only bad thing I can say for this phone, and its not even "bad."
The Xperia TL is a beautiful phone =) perfect balance of aesthetics and performance in my opinion.

Also, I always leave 4G on and very rarely use WiFi, only when I have no other connection (My LTE averages 35Mbps which is faster than my home internet lol). I usually leave the screen brightness up 70-100% as well and vibration for the home buttons and all notifications. I listen to music and sometimes use Bluetooth for transfers or A2DP. I'm a heavy texter as well (~3000 a month)

Sent from my LT30at using Android Central Forums

Jaxland101

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
i went from the titan II to the TL (yes im a former wp7 user and got burned by HTC for the last time) and i do have good battery life. i do not live in a LTE area just HSPA+ which might be helping me.

trtmazda3

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a TL as my work phone and I love it. Perfect size and screen clarity is amazing. The camera, while being rather difficult to adjust to (it is more...finicky than my iPhone's camera), takes amazing photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac