6 day battery from Xperia X compact

chrisrusson1

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
I get 6 days out of my Xperia X. 6 full 24 hours days. I use a few calls and texts each day, and a bit of internet. I dont use streaming, camera, games or videos in general, and I do notice when Im using music player it goes down fairly quickly, at a guess about 10% per hour.

But even when Ive finished and if Ive got only about 20% left, that will still do me for 2 days, so it not a problem if music drains it. Other phones would be dead within an hour or 2 with 20% left

If I use an app with bright screen on, such as notepad for hours, that will drain it quick. I was surprised as I thought notepad wouldnt use much processing power, but I suppose its the bright screen that takes it. I was using if for about 4-5 hours and it drained about 70% of it

I was totally surprised as I expected it to be 2 days max for normal usage. I used to have a Nokia N8 which would last 5-6 days, and I kept putting off upgrading as I thought no modern smartphone would do anywhere near as well as that, but 6 days is no problem with the Xperia X.

I do have battery saving on, but just the standard one, not the super one, and it doesnt change performance really. There is rarely a tiny bit of drag when swiping screens across, like the animation isnt smooth, but very rarely, I cant notice it in normal use.

Its the Xperia X compact if thats any use, I also notice the shape of my phone seems a bit different to the ones in articles on the internet, the corners are more sharp, the ones in the pics seems quite rounded. Maybe its just my eyes or the way the pic seems?

Does anyone else have this kind of performance with their Xperia X?

chrisrusson1

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah that's what I thought. It might be closer to 5 1/2 or 5 if I test it. But it's about there. I took it off charge Thursday morning and I'm on Sunday at 56% now

PauloPImenta

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Good to know. It might be my next purchase to join my S7 and use it as a secondary phone. I am also thinking about new the Moto Z2 or the iphone SE. Any thoughts?

chrisrusson1

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
To be honest I think the Xperia X compact (or non-compact) is rare to get 6 days. Its supposed to get about 2 days. Thats why Im checking about to see whats happening with other peoples phones.

When I was checking for phone reviews and stats I never had a look at Moto Z2 or iphone SE

PauloPImenta

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
To be honest I think the Xperia X compact (or non-compact) is rare to get 6 days. Its supposed to get about 2 days. Thats why Im checking about to see whats happening with other peoples phones.

When I was checking for phone reviews and stats I never had a look at Moto Z2 or iphone SE

So what would be your recommendation?