Is the X Compact still a solid choice?

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Currently looking at phones to replace my LG V10. My main issues with it are size and battery life. I knew what I was getting into when I bought a phablet, but it's become a nuisance with how large it is in my pocket/wherever else I choose to put it. And battery life at this point is probably 3 1/4 hours SOT on an average day.

Basically, I'm just looking to make sure that the XC has comfortable usability, good battery life (basically only use Twitter, Slack, GroupMe, and some Google Now for news) and no major issues that you might not see in a review.

Thank you so much for any help! There's not a tonof stuff out there about this phone, looking to make the most educated purchase possible :)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Oh. No response. I just looked in here to find some opinions myself. I keep thinking about this phone because of its good specs and small size, but like you am uncertain. The corners seem a bit sharp and I wonder whether they'll be palm-diggers. The curves on the screen edges might make screen protectors a problem. I have one or two other slight doubts but the specs are indeed respectable and the price is not high. Shall we buy? :)

shadwellal

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My wife has had one for about two weeks and so far very impressed. Responsive, very little bloatware and excellent battery life. If it's the size you want, go for it

Alex_Hong

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I think it's still a good choice if it's not too expensive where you live. It's a really comfortable phone to hold in the hand due to the curve sides, though if you use your pinky to support the bottom of the phone it might be a bit sharper. For me i could get around over 5 hours SOT on the X Compact, but we all have different uses, so can't really compare. I haven't used the V10 before either so can't really give you a good gauge.

If you want a smaller phone, this is a great choice. The specs might seem a bit underwhelming, but the nougat update did wonders for the phone. The UI responsiveness is actually really good, and performance is pretty decent too. It's something that I can definitely live with comfortably for the apps that I use.

I like Sony's UI too since it's pretty clean, and sony is pretty on the ball when it comes to updates. It got 7.0 like early this year, and was updated to 7.1.1 recently. Mine's running the July security patch.

There are a few things to take note too though. The speakers isn't really the loudest I've heard, and screen protector can be a bit challenging to find, especially if you're looking for glass ones. The glossy plastic back shell picks up hairline marks really easily which is to be expected, so just have to take note of that.

So yeah, i'll definitely still recommend one if you can find one for a good deal. I had the black colour one but sold it a few weeks back. Immediately regretted it, and i just picked up another one a few days back in mist blue.

I did a short and quick video review too if you're interested. Despite not being super popular, it's a pretty lovely phone if you ask me.

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I've had my Compact X for a month or so now and its and amazing little phone. I've had Sonys before and actually came back from both the HTC U11 and the Honor 8. The camera is amazing, battery life well oh my goodness and it's fits nicely in my pocket. Calls are very clear, Web pages load fast even when I'm not on WiFi. The only challenge of course would be the lack of the fast finger print sensor. Unfortunately I'm unable to activate with the flash tool software but that's OK. If you're hesitating don't.. Go get this phone..

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I've had my Compact X for a month or so now and its and amazing little phone. I've had Sonys before and actually came back from both the HTC U11 and the Honor 8. The camera is amazing, battery life well oh my goodness and it's fits nicely in my pocket. Calls are very clear, Web pages load fast even when I'm not on WiFi. The only challenge of course would be the lack of the fast finger print sensor. Unfortunately I'm unable to activate with the flash tool software but that's OK. If you're hesitating don't.. Go get this phone..

You chose the X compact over the u11??

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
You chose the X compact over the u11??
Sure , why not. For someone wanting a smaller , more compact device it sounds perfect. I have an HTC 10 but wish I could go smaller. Not everyone likes big phones and I got burnt out on carrying them around. The 10 is my limit size wise and I wish it were smaller. I'd check this compact out if it worked with Verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy