How do you turn off the sound for charging your phone?

JobiWan144

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I use a Sony Xperia X Compact, and in the past, I've had it set up so that plugging it in to charge at night doesn't make any sound. However, that is no longer the case, and I haven't found a way to fix it. I suspect that it changed with the Android 8 update, and I can't find the setting in either Xperia Assist or the Sound settings. Can someone direct me where to go?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I assume that you mean turn off all sound when the charger is plugged in, not something like Do Not Disturb (which you should find in Settings - use the search bar).

You could use Tasker, but it's not free (although I've found it to be worth the price). IFTTT is free, it's similar, but I don't know if it can control the sound or detect the charger.

JobiWan144

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I assume that you mean turn off all sound when the charger is plugged in, not something like Do Not Disturb (which you should find in Settings - use the search bar).

You could use Tasker, but it's not free (although I've found it to be worth the price). IFTTT is free, it's similar, but I don't know if it can control the sound or detect the charger.

No, I'm talking about the ding it makes when you plug it in. Here's how to do it in Marshmallow, but I can't find that setting anymore in Oreo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463