Ended up just keeping both the XA and the X...

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So in the end I just decided to keep both models as I ended up getting both at less than the price of just the X alone. Basically I've got $400 in both new unlocked devices so I'll just swap back and forth. By far I like the XA smaller subtle size and no side bezels. On paper the size difference seems to be nothing but in hand, the XA is hugely the better and easier one hander device although it's slower. Being new to Sony I'll just keep both and enjoy each model for what I need or mood I'm in. All that struggle to decide on which one and ironically I end up with both. Mainly or only due to the stellar deal I received. I have a feeling though that the XA will end up being my choice and the X will come into play down the road once the XA plays out.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I think that sounds like a good plan. I looked into the X because of your post, but I agree with you on the aesthetics. The XA looks nicer, even though the battery life isn't as great.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I agree. It definitely lags too performance wise. I simply do not get it. Why make a more appealing looking device but do so with it being the low end of your three main device showcase. The X and X performance should be the ones with no bezels on the sides and the ones that feel better in one hand with more rounded corners. Makes me wish I could land a job in product design and development. Most top end companie

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I agree. It definitely lags too performance wise. I simply do not get it. Why make a more appealing looking device but do so with it being the low end of your three main device showcase. The X and X performance should be the ones with no bezels on the sides and the ones that feel better in one hand with more rounded corners. Makes me wish I could land a job in product design and development. Most top end companie
Sorry. Most top end companies no doubt do well with innovation. It's why we buy their products. What many lack and really lots do in this world is not the knowledge but the lack of common sense which when coupled with knowledge produces incredible results and products that are perfect. If Sony which I believe their intention was to create a compact phone here with this series makes one more user friendly and eye appeal better looking then produces that best concept in the cheapest and lowest end device is nothing more than no thought put forth in it unless they purposely dis this BC of money which would be more of what's going on. They knew a $250 phone would be their money producer so more thought went into the XA than than both the X and Performance in terms of attractiveness. Either of those two concepts are in place. Could be both lol

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Okay after spending some time with the X and the XA, the X is indeed quite superior in every way. So much that I just took my XA back and since I got the X for $199, I'm never looking back. I can live with it feeling a tad larger as the performance and screen resolution far outweigh that subtle size difference. If I do anything else with Sony would be the X compact that is rumoured so I'll sit back and wait on that if it happens. From what I read, it will be equal to the X Performance spec wise so depending on pricing, that 4.7 size would be perfect! Until then, I'm digging my X!!! Holding both phones side by side same picture, resolution was the key factor as to why I took the XA back. Being that noticeable to the naked eye was enough for me to let it go back. I take quite a few pics so resolution is a big deal to me. I'm used to the X now so I saved $199 and Saved even more on the X. At the right price, I highly recommend the X!!

JasonBourne

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm with you on this. I just bought an Axon 7 but I can't seem to let go of my XA Ultra. I love everything about that phone except the performance. It just doesn't have enough horsepower for my taste. The screen and build quality are great but the performance is just average.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463