BlackHorizontal lines on screen

Shean123

Jun 21, 2017
Visit site
My phone is an xperia xa and i accidentally got it wet. The only part that got wet was the uper half. Now after i dried it up everything's normal except that there's a horizontal line at the middle. A few hours later i noticed that it was flickering and then start to double then i tried to not use my phone for a while for about 5 hours while shut down, then when i turned it on there were still lines in the middle then shortly after more lines start to appear starting from the middle of the screen extending to the lowest part of the screen. When i screenshot it, nothing appears on the picture. What should I do? And what part of my phone has a problem?

On the first check there's moisture inside the phone and my camera looks foggy but now the moisture is gone from that part, the camera got inverted and the back cam doesn't work.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Black Horizontal lines on screen

Really hard to diagnose over text, but this definitely sounds like a hardware issue (even more since you say the lines don't appear on a screenshot). Because of the flickering, I'd say it's either a connector that's, well, not connecting (water might have gotten inside and causing false contact), a damaged display driver, or worst case scenario, a damaged display panel. And the more you use your phone while wet the more damage you're doing, so power it off and either let it dry off in rice or desiccant bag for a few days or just take it straight to a repair shop to get diagnosed.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I really couldn't say... You can call a repair center and try to get an estimate from them on changing the whole display panel, which is, I believe, the most expensive option, and use that for reference.

If you're in the US and you have renter's or home owner's insurance (or device insurance), you can check your policy and phone damage is usually covered, BUT make sure that either the deductible is worth using your insurance and that your payments won't go up from filing a device claim.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance