Since the new Android update 8.0.0 My phone now Charges super slow I'm wondering if it's because of the new update? I don't believe it's the phones battery because it was fine until the update my phone would charge really fast 1.5 Hrs from 20% now it's taken nearly Six hours. Has anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know if they have changed battery and charge management in the update? Thanks
    11-25-2018 10:48 AM
    I moved this from the Oreo forum to the XA1 forum, since it sounds like a device-specific issue, rather than a general Oreo issue.
    11-26-2018 01:42 AM
    I've had this problem for about 4 months, I bought a new cable, plug it into the Sony plug and my xa1 ultra always takes about 5-6 hours to charge. My work iPhone charges in under an hour.
    I also feel the battery goes down quicker than other phones I've had.
    11-26-2018 11:49 AM
    Since the new Android update 8.0.0 My phone now Charges super slow I'm wondering if it's because of the new update? I don't believe it's the phones battery because it was fine until the update my phone would charge really fast 1.5 Hrs from 20% now it's taken nearly Six hours. Has anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know if they have changed battery and charge management in the update? Thanks
    I'm so sorry your having issues with charging the device.
    I had issues too with slow charges.
    What I did to combat this was as follows:
    Hard reset my phone using the Sony Companion app on my pc. First I made a backup using the in phone backup maker.
    Once I did the repair on the SC (Sony Companion app) my battery began charging as if it were new.
    Sometimes OTA updates can get a bit buggy but once you use the SC it flashes the update to your phone via USB directly without errors.

Give that a go and if you need further help we will explore other options.

Éire
    11-28-2018 12:33 AM
    I've had this problem for about 4 months, I bought a new cable, plug it into the Sony plug and my xa1 ultra always takes about 5-6 hours to charge. My work iPhone charges in under an hour.
    I also feel the battery goes down quicker than other phones I've had.
    Please see above reply for a fix.

Éire
    11-28-2018 12:33 AM
    Widespread problem, the latest update has totally stuffed up the phone, battery drains much quicker and takes forever to charge, my phone used to charge from 20% to full in 45 minutes now its takes 2-3 hours, phone used to last a full fay easy now its 30% by 3 pm. In typical Sony fashion though they deny it and who knows when the next update is however I doubt they'll fix it.
    01-18-2019 08:26 AM
    Widespread problem, the latest update has totally stuffed up the phone, battery drains much quicker and takes forever to charge, my phone used to charge from 20% to full in 45 minutes now its takes 2-3 hours, phone used to last a full fay easy now its 30% by 3 pm. In typical Sony fashion though they deny it and who knows when the next update is however I doubt they'll fix it.
    It's not as widespread as you may think. I have the latest oreo update with security level to 5th Nov 2018 patch and my phone hasn't been affected by the update. Please follow my above suggestions to fix the issue. I hope this helps.

Éire
    01-19-2019 02:55 PM
    Im afraid I have to disagree with you, I work in Cellular and more than half of XA1 Ultra customers are experiencing this bug, I would consider that to be widespread.
    01-26-2019 09:54 AM
    I've upgraded to moto g6 play, half the price and better spec. Battery so far is great, I await an android update with caution tho!!!

Posted via Android Central App
    01-30-2019 04:46 AM
    Im afraid I have to disagree with you, I work in Cellular and more than half of XA1 Ultra customers are experiencing this bug, I would consider that to be widespread.
    That's the XA1 ultra though this is only for the smaller XA1 and from personal experience on the XA1 I haven't noticed any change to battery drain or charge.
    02-06-2019 12:17 PM
    I've upgraded to moto g6 play, half the price and better spec. Battery so far is great, I await an android update with caution tho!!!

Posted via Android Central App
    Hope you have a good time with your new phone.

Éire 💖
    02-06-2019 12:18 PM
    it's going well thanks. I still love the look of the Sony phones, so distinctive and recognisable. thanks for everyone's help! 😀
    djeire84 likes this.
    02-07-2019 02:54 PM
    it's going well thanks. I still love the look of the Sony phones, so distinctive and recognisable. thanks for everyone's help! 😀
    My pleasure.

Éire 💖
    02-09-2019 07:25 AM