Screen goes black then to lock screen while using an app.

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Recently my phone say for instance I'm streaming online, then say after so many mins and these durations can differ from 10 mins to longer.

So in other words when I'm doing nothing on the phone I have lockscreen set to 30mins, but, even when I'm using the phone say I'm streaming online live, it can at anytime go to black screen for two seconds then to lock screen, this means that what was once streaming has stopped.

I did notice Theme Effects being mentioned on the notification bar just prior to the issue starting, so I'm unsure why and unsure if it has anything to do with this issue?

Any help appreciated.

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Do you use power saving mode? This can bypass the 30 minute settings
I have use adaptive battery enabled, limiting apps that I don't use often, thing is I use chrome alot though, however the info for that setting says it will learn to use apps over time.

I don't have stamina or ultra stamina mode on.

I don't have an option simply for power mode, so I assume its those stamina modes that they call it now?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have use adaptive battery enabled, limiting apps that I don't use often, thing is I use chrome alot though, however the info for that setting says it will learn to use apps over time.

I don't have stamina or ultra stamina mode on.

I don't have an option simply for power mode, so I assume its those stamina modes that they call it now?
Its possible, i dont have a sony to go through menus im familiar with Samsung,Pixels and One plus unfortunately

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I've gone into battery then screen mode then I selected chrome as not to be listed for power saving, will take note to see if that helps.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok lets s| what happens and maybe take out of app optimize , usually long press the app icon and tap info scroll to battery and select not to optimize

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What app are you using to stream? If it's the browser, that usually can't keep the phone awake. Dedicated media apps (like YouTube) will keep the screen awake for as long as you watch the video.

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Google Chrome, thing is it never used to do this when streaming live content.

Same thing happened this afternoon, and it took 40 mins before it went to blank screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Give Safe Mode a try. If you can stream using Chrome (or the stock browser) and the screen doesn't time out, then it's probably due to some 3rd party app you installed.

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Give Safe Mode a try. If you can stream using Chrome (or the stock browser) and the screen doesn't time out, then it's probably due to some 3rd party app you installed.
3rd party app, do these include those from the Google play store?

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Isn't it the case that if you go into safe mode with android you end up losing your apps that have been previously added to the home screen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv