Chrome not opening Youtube link

dbbr

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I have an issue with Chrome in that when I do a search and it brings up a link to a Youtube video which I click, it opens the Youtube app but it does not open the video which I clicked.
The Youtube app opens and displays the main page like you do when you just open the app.

Does anyone know why this is not going to the video and playing it the Youtube app? It always used to!!

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have an issue with Chrome in that when I do a search and it brings up a link to a Youtube video which I click, it opens the Youtube app but it does not open the video which I clicked.
The Youtube app opens and displays the main page like you do when you just open the app.

Does anyone know why this is not going to the video and playing it the Youtube app? It always used to!!
Does it open and then play without the app, for example via the chrome browser?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings > Apps > YouTube, and look for "default". Delete the default, and the page will open in Chrome.

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
When I open a YouTube link in the Facebook app it opens in chrome, there's an option in chrome's menu to open in the YouTube app, but initially it doesn't open in the app when tapping on the link in Facebook without using the method above.

I'm using android pie 9.00 and uptodate apps.

Is there a way for it to directly open in the YouTube app via Facebook?

It works when searching using chrome by opening directly in the YouTube app but not from the Facebook app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke