I have an issue with Chrome in that when I do a search and it brings up a link to a Youtube video which I click, it opens the Youtube app but it does not open the video which I clicked.
    The Youtube app opens and displays the main page like you do when you just open the app.

Does anyone know why this is not going to the video and playing it the Youtube app? It always used to!!
    09-14-2019 03:03 PM
    I have an issue with Chrome in that when I do a search and it brings up a link to a Youtube video which I click, it opens the Youtube app but it does not open the video which I clicked.
    The Youtube app opens and displays the main page like you do when you just open the app.

Does anyone know why this is not going to the video and playing it the Youtube app? It always used to!!
    Does it open and then play without the app, for example via the chrome browser?
    09-14-2019 03:15 PM
    Go to Settings > Apps > YouTube, and look for "default". Delete the default, and the page will open in Chrome.
    09-14-2019 03:20 PM
    Does it open and then play without the app, for example via the chrome browser?
    Yes, it will open and play in Chrome

Go to Settings > Apps > YouTube, and look for "default". Delete the default, and the page will open in Chrome.
    This looks to have fixed the issue

Thanks for your help guys
    09-14-2019 03:26 PM
    When I open a YouTube link in the Facebook app it opens in chrome, there's an option in chrome's menu to open in the YouTube app, but initially it doesn't open in the app when tapping on the link in Facebook without using the method above.

I'm using android pie 9.00 and uptodate apps.

Is there a way for it to directly open in the YouTube app via Facebook?

It works when searching using chrome by opening directly in the YouTube app but not from the Facebook app.
    09-15-2019 04:13 PM
    I fixed it by going to Facebook settings and changing the external link setting.
    09-15-2019 05:32 PM